    shows the C: but no D:. Could this be a hardware problem or a software
    problem? Thanks!

    , Feb 7, 2006

  2. Thaqalain Guest

    Run Hardware Wizzard,Add Hardware,Run purchased CD driver.
    Post your System contents briefly.

    Thaqalain, Feb 7, 2006

  3. Guest

    I don't mean to be rude, but could you clarify? I'm a newbie so could
    you give me step by step instructions? Like what to click and type. I'm
    using Windows 98 by the way. Thank you.

  4. Alan Guest

    wrote:
    > I don't mean to be rude, but could you clarify? I'm a newbie so could
    > you give me step by step instructions? Like what to click and type. I'm
    > using Windows 98 by the way. Thank you.
    >
    > Thaqalain wrote:
    >
    >>Run Hardware Wizzard,Add Hardware,Run purchased CD driver.
    >>Post your System contents briefly.

    At what point do they not show up - upon reboot? Are you using
    hibernate at all? I've seen some weird stuff happen to CDs when using
    hibernate.

    Alan, Feb 8, 2006
  5. Guest

    I have tried duplicating the problem. I shut off the PC and turned it
    on again numerous times and there's no problems. However, when I
    rebooted (restart windows) the PC, the problem came up 2 out of 3
    reboots. I noticed that the drive light would be lit solid, and I don't
    hear it reading the disc. When I try to go to "My Computer", it would
    hang. I would get a white screen, so I am forced to shut it off and
    turn it on again. I try to eject the disc, but it will not eject.

    During the time that it detects the DVD-ROM drive and is able to read
    the disc in "My Computer", I have tried to read several discs. It works
    most of the time, but occasionally, when I put in a CD or DVD, the
    issue with the drive not ejecting and reading would re-surface. The
    DVD-ROM drive light stays lit and does not go off. Each time this
    happens, I need to force the PC to shut down. I'm not using hibernation
    by the way.

    Alan wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I don't mean to be rude, but could you clarify? I'm a newbie so could
    > > you give me step by step instructions? Like what to click and type. I'm
    > > using Windows 98 by the way. Thank you.
    > >
    > > Thaqalain wrote:
    > >
    > >>Run Hardware Wizzard,Add Hardware,Run purchased CD driver.
    > >>Post your System contents briefly.

    > At what point do they not show up - upon reboot? Are you using
    > hibernate at all? I've seen some weird stuff happen to CDs when using
    > hibernate.

    , Feb 9, 2006