    have a trouble shooting site. Any ideas please?
    --
    This is not the work of a complete idiot....not yet.

    Harold potter esq, Nov 22, 2005

  2. Harold potter esq

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:fXJgf.39$,
    Harold potter esq spewed forth:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am hoping that someone has got a dvd recorder same as mine. No
    > matter what I do, I cannot record on it. Can play dvds but not
    > record. I put a DVD+RW in and upon trying to record, I get the
    > message....."The current disc is non recordable. Replace with a
    > recordable disc". A lot of the options for setting up are 'greyed
    > out'. No fancy quips please about google, sending it back etc. I
    > have tried all to no avail and Sony do not seem to have a trouble
    > shooting site. Any ideas please?

    What SOFTWARE are you using to attempt to write to your drive? Windows XP is
    not capable of writing DVD discs of any kind, like they can CDR and CDRW
    discs.

    The issue is most likely software based, but you didn't tell us what
    software you are using.

    --
    Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
    still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 22, 2005

  3. Harold potter esq

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "Harold potter esq" <> wrote in

    > Hi
    >
    > I am hoping that someone has got a dvd recorder same as mine. No
    > matter what I do, I cannot record on it. Can play dvds but not
    > record. I put a DVD+RW in and upon trying to record, I get the
    > message....."The current disc is non recordable. Replace with a
    > recordable disc". A lot of the options for setting up are 'greyed
    > out'. No fancy quips please about google, sending it back etc. I
    > have tried all to no avail and Sony do not seem to have a trouble
    > shooting site. Any ideas please?

    Have you tried recording on a DVD-RW or DVD-R? or a different brand of
    DVD+RW?

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Nov 22, 2005
  4. Harold potter esq

    cineman Guest

    http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews7408.html

    take a look at this site
    It would appear to be software based error.

    "Harold potter esq" <> wrote in
    message news:fXJgf.39$...

    cineman, Nov 22, 2005
  5. Harold potter esq

    Trax Guest

    "Harold potter esq" <> wrote:

    |>Hi
    |>
    |>I am hoping that someone has got a dvd recorder same as mine. No matter
    |>what I do, I cannot record on it. Can play dvds but not record. I put a
    |>DVD+RW in and upon trying to record, I get the message....."The current disc
    |>is non recordable. Replace with a recordable disc". A lot of the options
    |>for setting up are 'greyed out'. No fancy quips please about google,
    |>sending it back etc. I have tried all to no avail and Sony do not seem to
    |>have a trouble shooting site. Any ideas please?

    Might try ForceAspi http://radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm
    I've used it when ever I've had problems, fix'd most of them.

    --
    Redneck Roller Coaster

    Trax, Nov 22, 2005
  6. Harold potter esq

    The Shed Guest

    "Harold potter esq" <> wrote in
    message news:fXJgf.39$...

    > Hi
    >
    > I am hoping that someone has got a dvd recorder same as mine. No
    > matter what I do, I cannot record on it. Can play dvds but not
    > record. I put a DVD+RW in and upon trying to record, I get the
    > message....."The current disc is non recordable. Replace with a
    > recordable disc". A lot of the options for setting up are 'greyed
    > out'. No fancy quips please about google, sending it back etc. I
    > have tried all to no avail and Sony do not seem to have a trouble
    > shooting site. Any ideas please?
    > --
    > This is not the work of a complete idiot....not yet.

    You do not say which recorder you have-----try loading/using the
    supplied software.
    Do you have an entry for
    roxio?