Sony DVD Recorder for people in the UK

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by osiris.luxor@btopenworld.com, Feb 16, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi
    I have a SonyRDR-GX300 ,got it part of a tV package ,I am using it
    with a Philips TV in my Bedroom

    My question is how the hell do you make it see my Pace freeview box
    I shall expand,

    Current set up
    Phillips TV with two scart sockets
    Sony DVD Recorder
    Pace Freevew box

    I have 1 scart lead from DVD ( Line 1) to TV on AV Chanel 1
    I have the freeview box installed on Line 3 of the DVD recorder
    the aerial lead is plugged into the recorder a line comes out of the
    recorder to a three way splitter one line goes to the freeview box and
    the other continues to the TV

    I can find all terestial chanels on the DVD recorder but I can't find
    the freeview chanels

    Have read the book have tried everything I know

    Anybody else with a simular set up give me some simple step by step
    instructions

    TIA

    Osiris
    , Feb 16, 2005

  2. Guest

    if you mean why cannt your dvd recorder tune into the freeview
    channels then you are out of luck as it doesnt have a DB tuner only
    the old analogue type

    if you want to record whats coming from the freeview device ( analogue
    output) you need to select which input you want to record from - use
    the wand; slide back the slider to reveal the record buttons. press
    the INPUT SELECT button until you get to the one thats connected to
    the freeview box. I have a similar setup to you with a Goodmans
    freeview box but I use input 4 and have a VCR on 3

    By the way if you want to watch freeview then the dvd recorder must
    be on

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:47:09 +0000 (UTC),
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >I have a SonyRDR-GX300 ,got it part of a tV package ,I am using it
    >with a Philips TV in my Bedroom
    >
    >My question is how the hell do you make it see my Pace freeview box
    >I shall expand,
    >
    >Current set up
    >Phillips TV with two scart sockets
    >Sony DVD Recorder
    >Pace Freevew box
    >
    >I have 1 scart lead from DVD ( Line 1) to TV on AV Chanel 1
    >I have the freeview box installed on Line 3 of the DVD recorder
    >the aerial lead is plugged into the recorder a line comes out of the
    >recorder to a three way splitter one line goes to the freeview box and
    >the other continues to the TV
    >
    >I can find all terestial chanels on the DVD recorder but I can't find
    >the freeview chanels
    >
    >Have read the book have tried everything I know
    >
    >Anybody else with a simular set up give me some simple step by step
    >instructions
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >Osiris
    , Feb 16, 2005