    manismee's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=36
    View this thread: http://www.futurehardware.in/showthread.php?t=55939

    Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.i

    manismee, Dec 20, 2006

  2. "manismee" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Hi, I have a Sony DVD+-RW DRU-720A. I just recently formated my hard
    > drive and now running a new copy of windows xp. I used to be able to
    > read DVD-R with this DVD burner, but now, windows can't recognize any
    > of the DVD-Rs. It treats like CDs. I wonder what happened and how to
    > fix it. My laptop is able to read those same DVD-Rs I tried on this
    > computer. I also installed the latest firmware. The weird thing is that
    > it CAN read CD, CD-R and DVDs I bought. Only DVD-Rs are the troubles. So
    > I can't burn any DVD either since it treats blank DVD-Rs as black CDs.
    >
    > Thanks a lot
    >

    > --
    > manismee

    Sounds like you need to update-- or get the correct-- DVD driver.

    John H. Holliday, Dec 20, 2006

  3. manismee

    manismee Guest

    I couldn't find any latest updates for the driver. I don't think it'
    the driver's problem since it can read CDs, CD-Rs and normal DVDs. I a
    using the driver Microsoft provides. I believed I used that same drive
    before and it worked just fine. I hope it's really the driver'
    problem. But I'll have to find the right driver

    --
    manisme

    manismee, Dec 20, 2006
  4. manismee

    amazed Guest

    "manismee" <> wrote in message

    > I couldn't find any latest updates for the driver. I don't think it's
    > the driver's problem since it can read CDs, CD-Rs and normal DVDs. I am
    > using the driver Microsoft provides. I believed I used that same driver
    > before and it worked just fine. I hope it's really the driver's
    > problem. But I'll have to find the right driver.
    >

    > --
    > manismee

    What is listed for it in device manager?
    What does burning software recognise it as?
    In your original post you specify that it won't
    read DVD-R, do you receive an error message?
    If you navigate via explorer does it list that
    drive as having contents when a DVD-R is loaded?

    amazed, Dec 21, 2006
  5. manismee

    manismee Guest

    amazed;2686252 Wrote:
    > "manismee" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I couldn't find any latest updates for the driver. I don't thin

    > it's
    > > the driver's problem since it can read CDs, CD-Rs and normal DVDs.

    > am
    > > using the driver Microsoft provides. I believed I used that sam

    > driver
    > > before and it worked just fine. I hope it's really the driver's
    > > problem. But I'll have to find the right driver.
    > >

    > > --
    > > manismee

    > What is listed for it in device manager?
    > It's listed as c:/windows/system32/driver/cdrom.sys
    >
    > What does burning software recognise it as?
    > I only used Nero 6 and it didn't recognize it. Because not even th
    > explorer can recognize it, I didn't bother to use other burnin
    > software.
    >
    > In your original post you specify that it won't
    > read DVD-R, do you receive an error message?
    > No, I didn't receive an error message. In fact, I see the burner i
    > trying to read it and windows is trying to recognize it. However i
    > took a long while before either the icon become only a CD writer whic
    > is labeled as CD-ROM (D:). I mean it's obviously not just CD-ROM, an
    > sometimes it's so messed up after trying to read a DVD-R that window
    > don't even see the CD-ROM anymore. The CD-ROM icon is gone.
    >
    > If you navigate via explorer does it list that
    > drive as having contents when a DVD-R is loaded?

    Exploer was never able to list any content in the DVD-R at all

    --
    manisme

    manismee, Dec 22, 2006