    Any ideas why it is not shown properly? I have tried Pinnacle 10.1 and
    Nero Vision 7 and they cannot find any sources. (of course when it is a
    yellow exclamation mark)
    Niklas Engfelt, Jan 15, 2006

  2. Niklas Engfelt

    Nikonja Guest

    On 15 Jan 2006 13:45:34 -0800, Niklas Engfelt wrote:

    > I have Windows 2003 x64 edition, which is basically the same as XP x64.
    > I have a Sony DCR-HC90E DV-camera, and when I connect it with FireWire,
    > it only comes up as "61883 Class Bus Device" with a yellow exclamation
    > mark.
    >
    > Any ideas why it is not shown properly? I have tried Pinnacle 10.1 and
    > Nero Vision 7 and they cannot find any sources. (of course when it is a
    > yellow exclamation mark)

    Is there any driver you can install ?
    Nikonja, Jan 16, 2006

  3. I called Sony and they said that there were only an USB driver for
    32-bit Windows and that FireWire should work automatically. They didn't
    have any 64-bit drivers. He said FireWire was faster and better as well
    especially with higher resolution DV-cameras like mine.
    Niklas Engfelt, Jan 16, 2006
  4. Niklas Engfelt

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On 16 Jan 2006 11:37:52 -0800, "Niklas Engfelt" <> wrote:

    Maybe you could try and force to install the drivers by doing a manual
    driver-update in the Device Manager, and then select the Sony
    Firewire-drivers for the camera. I tried that once in Windows 2000 (I
    think) when it didn't recognize my camera properly, and that worked.

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Jan 16, 2006
  5. Niklas Engfelt

    John Barnes Guest

    Since the latest version of DirectX 9 is already installed, there is nothing
    to install

    John Barnes, Jan 17, 2006
  6. Niklas Engfelt

    Paul Guest

    Paul, Jan 17, 2006
  7. I have DirectX 9.0c and all Windows updates so it should be the latest?

    I cannot choose any drivers by force since no drivers exist for
    FireWire. I have now tried to install Windows XP 32 sp2 and all udpates
    and it comes up as an unknown device this time and Windows Movie Maker
    cannot find the camera here either. :(
    Niklas Engfelt, Jan 17, 2006
  8. Niklas Engfelt

    John Barnes Guest

    You might check to see what program is set to handle the file type you are
    dealing with. JPEG? JPG? etc.

    John Barnes, Jan 17, 2006
  9. Niklas Engfelt

    John Barnes Guest

    Also what shows up in device manager when you plug in the camera?

    John Barnes, Jan 17, 2006
  10. Last resort. Try this.
    Go to Control Panel, Network Connections.
    Right click on the 1394 one and choose Properties.
    Uncheck all network protocols attached to this card (you are not using it
    for networking anyway!) and Accept.
    See what happens next time you plug in your camera.
    I never enable the IEEE1394 for networking during Windows install and never
    have had problems with my 5 year old JVC DV camera.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 17, 2006
  11. I want to transfer video. I don't care about the pictures because I
    don't use that feature. I don't think there is an automatic way to
    transfer the video since it is lots of data. I think you have to use at
    least Windows Movie Maker or some better video applications like ULead,
    Pinnacle etc. It shows up as unknown device in Windows XP (32) and in
    Windows 2003 x64 it showed up once as a 61883 Class Bus Device, but now
    it is not there any more. I have tried the automatic install way of the
    driver and I have tried to choose the driver myself, but I cannot find
    any good driver since there is not driver.

    According to the Sony FAQ:
    http://www.sonydigital-link.com/DIME/FAQ/FAQ.asp?l=en&c=DIME&sc=DV&f=gen_downloads
    they say that there are no drivers for FireWire and that it should be
    included in the OS. They give you a link for troubleshooting at MS:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;294482
    In this KB it says that this is a Sony problem and that I should
    contact Sony for a new driver.

    Both are throwing pies at each other in other words. I don't think this
    is my problem though since my camera is fairly new.
    Niklas Engfelt, Jan 17, 2006
  12. I have tried to remove all three network protocols in the 1394
    connection and I have tried to disable this connection and re-enable it
    again, but nothing works. The strange thing is that it says it is
    connected with 400Mbps although I have the cable unplugged from the
    camera, but plugged into the computer only. Even after disable and
    re-enable. I don't use FireWire for other devices and this is the only
    FireWire cable.
    Niklas Engfelt, Jan 17, 2006
  13. On 17 Jan 2006 14:21:04 -0800, "Niklas Engfelt"
    <> wrote:

    Are you using a firewire network? Of course not, so disable
    it! What do you have for the IEEE 1394 Bus Host Adapter
    entry in System/Device Manager?

    --
    John T Maguire, Kennebunkport
    Mutley's Photo Diary; www.mousam-river.com/MUTLEYS/MUTLEY.HTM
    John T Maguire, Jan 18, 2006
  14. I have never used FireWire as a network (and will probably never do it
    either). Since I haven't used it I was afraid that disabling it would
    disable the whole FireWire connection as well, but that is only for
    network then?

    I have a ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe MB which has the "Texas Instrument OHCI
    Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller" in Device Manager. I have one FW
    connection on the back of the computer and one on the front of the
    computer and I have tried both of them with the same result :(

    Niklas Engfelt, Jan 18, 2006
  16. Niklas Engfelt

    ASAAR Guest

    On 17 Jan 2006 13:50:58 -0800, Niklas Engfelt wrote:

    > Both are throwing pies at each other in other words. I don't think this
    > is my problem though since my camera is fairly new.

    There's a chance that it has nothing to do with a firewire
    problem. This is just a guess (and one that's not too likely to be
    the cause of your problem), but with my Fuji "still" camera, it
    defaults as a mass storage device (DSC mode) for transferring
    picture files to the computer via its USB port. But when used as a
    video camera (for video conferencing) you have to use the camera's
    menu to change it to WEB CAM mode. It would seem that if the
    DCR-HC90E has both of those capabilities, it would default to a
    video rather than to a file mode, and if so, then the DCR-HC90E
    would not perform properly if it was accidentally set to a mass
    storage device mode instead of its more normal video mode.
    ASAAR, Jul 15, 2006
  17. Thanks for the tips. I will try to change that setting. I have looked
    through the menus, but nothing obvious so far, but I will look more
    into it. I have tried with Windows XP(32), Windows 2003 (x64) and Vista
    (x64), but only getting USB to work in bad resolution so far. USB seems
    to only handle less quality and cannot control the camera. I'd like to
    have the best possible resolution and be able to transfer, play, rewind
    etc from the computer.

    Best regards
    Niklas

    Niklas Engfelt, Aug 10, 2006
  18. Niklas Engfelt

    not me Guest

    On 10 Aug 2006 15:10:47 -0700, "Niklas Engfelt" <>
    wrote:

    >Thanks for the tips. I will try to change that setting. I have looked
    >through the menus, but nothing obvious so far, but I will look more
    >into it. I have tried with Windows XP(32), Windows 2003 (x64) and Vista
    >(x64), but only getting USB to work in bad resolution so far. USB seems
    >to only handle less quality and cannot control the camera. I'd like to
    >have the best possible resolution and be able to transfer, play, rewind
    >etc from the computer.
    >
    >Best regards
    >Niklas

    Sony uses the miniplug, right? if that's the case, remember that's no
    power through the Firewire bus, unlike the big plug.
    You need external power. Also it's a couple the MS hotfixes for
    Firewire at least for XP32, I can't say about XP64.
    I don't have a Sony camera and I don't run XP64, but anyway maybe this
    can help.
    not me, Aug 13, 2006
  19. Yes. Sony uses the mini-DV-plug. I am using a standard Firewire-cable
    with big plug in one of the ends and mini-plug in the other end. I have
    the camera connected to the wall-plug as well for the power so that
    should be fine then.

    I will search for hotfixes as well on support.microsoft.com and
    premier.microsoft.com Thanks for the tips.

    Best regards
    Niklas

    Niklas Engfelt, Aug 14, 2006