    resource), but none tested it underwater. Any input would be appreciated.
    --
    Rob

    RM, Aug 6, 2003

  2. RM

    Dan Birchall Guest

    (RM) wrote:
    > Just curious. I know it only goes down to 5' deep, however I'm looking at
    > buying one for our trips to waterparks and summer vacations.

    Even in the ocean, 5' should be plenty if you're just snorkeling on the
    surface over a reef or something. Lack of a zoom is also fine underwater.

    US$250 with a coupon (according to DealCam) is a bit steep though for
    a 2-megapixel with no zoom - if you were wanting to do slightly deeper
    stuff you might be able to find a better all-around 2mp camera _and_ a
    soft enclosure (i.e. Ewa-Marine) for around that price.

    --
    If you spam this address, you (obviously) agree to pay me $100/spam.

    Dan Birchall, Aug 6, 2003

  3. "Dan Birchall" <> wrote in
    message
    > (RM) wrote:

    > US$250 with a coupon (according to DealCam) is a bit steep though for
    > a 2-megapixel with no zoom

    Ahem, just saw one on ebay described as possessing a 1X optical zoom.

    The genius who came up with this deserves recognition.

    Juan

    Juan R. Pollo, Aug 6, 2003
  4. RM

    Rob Guest

    LOL
    --
    Rob

    Rob, Aug 6, 2003
  5. RM

    RM Guest

    5' is plenty for us, as I only plan on using in the same situations where I
    used a waterproof disposable previously (i.e. waterparks and/or other
    shallow locations). I already have a G2 and a G3 for all other situations,
    so this will just be my fun and splash camera and my goal is just to do
    better than a disposable and a photo cd and be able to see the pictures
    immediately after I take em. I found the unit for cheaper than $250 and
    just like its small, compact design that is perfect for the places I will
    use it at. Thanks for the input.
    --
    Rob

    "Dan Birchall" <> wrote in
    message

    RM, Aug 7, 2003
  6. Stephen G. Giannoni, Aug 7, 2003
  7. RM

    RM Guest

    RM, Aug 7, 2003
  8. RM

    RM Guest

    I used to take UW pictures with a regular UW camera when I spent more time
    scuba diving, however I'd get a lot of duds. The same thing happens with
    the disposables -- you never know what you'll get. I like the U60 because
    at least I can check out my shots while I'm out and retake something if it
    didn't come up. Oh, gotta love the murky water! ;-)
    --
    Rob

    RM, Aug 8, 2003
  9. Re: Sony DSC-U60 - LIMITS

    I didn't see the original post, but I thought just in case it didn't come
    up, I'd remind that according to Sony, the U60 shouldn't be taken more than
    something like FIVE FEET underwater. So it's not really an "underwater
    camera" per se. Maybe some folks have gone deeper with it but they claim
    it leaks due to pressue after 5 feet, and trust me, they will KNOW if you
    did it (read = voided warranty).

    DigitalCameraBasics, Aug 8, 2003