    What would you advice?
    Take small, compact camera or bigger, but good quality?

    Thanks in advance
    Mariusz Brzoska, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Mariusz Brzoska

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <cdr3am$okt$>,
    "Mariusz Brzoska" <> wrote:

    > Which camera choose?
    >
    > I've read the Sony slimest camera has poor pictures quality.
    > Is that true?
    >
    > Maybe there is another slim camera worth considering?
    >

    > Olympus is very good but sometimes I need to take it
    > to my pocket, for example if I'm snowbording. It would
    > be difficult to take regular camera like C770.
    >

    > What would you advice?
    > Take small, compact camera or bigger, but good quality?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    I have the T1. Excellent images once you realize that you must hold the
    camera steady. Since there is no viewfinder you end up using it with
    your arms more extended to view the LCD. Once you get the knack works
    fine.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
    Bob Salomon, Jul 23, 2004

  3. "Mariusz Brzoska" <> wrote in message
    > Which camera choose?
    >
    > I've read the Sony slimest camera has poor pictures quality.
    > Is that true?

    Not really. For snaps, the T1 is ideal- and remarkable as a feat of design
    more than anything. I don't see how you'd get on with a C770 whilst
    snowboarding.

    My personal choice would be a Mju II :)

    But then again, I wouldn't be the one on the board...

    no, and yes...."
    Martin Francis, Jul 23, 2004
  4. Mariusz Brzoska wrote:

    > I've read the Sony slimest camera has poor pictures quality.
    > Is that true?

    Depends. I have one and I find that it takes (relative to its small
    size) excellent pictures if there is light enough. I owned a Kyocera
    SL400R before that and I find T1 has a lot less noise.

    Indoor and poor lightning is another matter: The flash is tiny and the
    camera isn't very light sensitive, so most of my pictures in such
    settings are of low quality. Besides, the position of the flash means
    red eyes.

    You're welcome to contact me privately, if you want to see everyday
    pictures taken with the camera.

    > Olympus is very good but sometimes I need to take it
    > to my pocket, for example if I'm snowbording.

    That seems to call for snappy picturetaking. The T1 has very low
    startup time and autofocus time. It also has a "Take pictures of people
    in the snow"-mode, but I haven't tried that.

    The T1 is capable of producing surprisingly (at least for me) fine
    movies, although best quality takes about 1MB/sec. Snowboarding sounds
    like ample opportunity for small clips.

    Olympus mju 400 (and probably others) are small enough to put in your
    jacket pocket and they are dust- and water-resistant. It you're an
    outdoor type, that might be worth it to consider?

    > What would you advice?
    > Take small, compact camera or bigger, but good quality?

    Only you can answer that.
    Toke Eskildsen, Jul 23, 2004