    I got a Sony dsc-p71 digital camera with a memory chip. How can I
    upload the pictures from the camera and from the memory chip? Do I need
    any softwares? where to download them?

    sam, Jul 18, 2006

  2. sam

    poddys Guest

    The camera should have come with a CD containing software, or the
    manual should mention a website you can go to for the software.

    However, it's usually better to get a memory card reader (very cheap)
    and to put the card into the reader to transfer the photos to the
    computer. You don't need any special software to either transfer or
    view the photos.

    I personally prefer Thumbs Plus (www.cerious.com) for viewing and
    editing my photos, but a lot of folks in this group will recommend
    other software - there is a lot to choose from.

    Windows XP has some simple to use slideshow and image viewing software
    built into Windows Explorer, plus you can print from there too.

    poddys, Jul 18, 2006

  3. sam

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 03:39:35 -0700, sam wrote:

    > I got a Sony dsc-p71 digital camera with a memory chip. How can I
    > upload the pictures from the camera and from the memory chip? Do I need
    > any softwares? where to download them?

    If you are using a linux distro have a look at GTKam.
    --
    Neil
    Delete l to reply

    Neil Ellwood, Jul 18, 2006