    I am not on the slow shuter speed and usually use it on a daylight setting

    Is there setting or method anyone knows of to help reduce this??????

    Luke

    luke, Dec 24, 2003

  2. luke

    JK Guest

    Set the ISO mode to 400 for indoor shots. Set the lens to its widest angle.
    At wide angle, the lens is f2.8, and it will let through more than three times
    as much light as at the max telephoto setting. That will help you get a faster
    shutter speed. The shutter speed may still not be fast enough for a photo
    that is not blurry unless the room is very well lit or you use a flash or
    tripod.
    One thing that will help is for you tobrace your arm against a wall or table
    when taking the photo. I find that I can get usable images at as slow as around
    1/8th of a second where I brace myself against a wall or table, while without
    that shutter speeds slower than 1/30th of a second appear blurry. Some
    people may need 1/60th of a second or faster shutter speed to get sharp
    images. The best idea is to use a larger camera that has a larger lens which
    lets more light through. A camera with an ISO 800, or 1600 mode will help
    quite a bit in low light situations, especially if it is a digital slr, so the
    large
    sensor produces images with low noise even at higher iso settings.

    JK, Dec 25, 2003

  3. luke

    luke Guest

    > A camera with an ISO 800, or 1600 mode will help quite a bit in low light
    > situations, especially if it is a digital slr, so the large sensor produces
    > images with low noise even at higher iso settings.

    Thanks for your advice. I have just bought the camera (A sony DSC P10)
    and it only goes up to iso 400, but I will have a play with the
    settings you suggest and see if that helps

    Luke

    luke, Dec 31, 2003