    choice for me? Thank you! (I did visit dpreview and steves digicam, but I
    like to hear from you.)

    T.I.

    Talal Itani, Jun 29, 2006

  2. Talal Itani wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am shopping for a Digital Camera for semi-professional product
    > photography. I now use the Sony DSC-P200, with good results. I need
    > a fancier camera, with manual controls, bigger LCD, and more
    > close-up. I locked at Digital SLRs, but I am not totally convinced
    > that DSLR is good for me. The DSLRs have a small LCD display, so I
    > have to keep squinting through the view-finder. I recently
    > discovered the Sony DSC-H5. The DSC-H5 has a nice large display
    > through which I can see the product I am shooting very well. This
    > camera can get 2cm close to the object. it has manual controls, and
    > it is not very big. Do you agree with me, that this camera is a good
    > choice for me? Thank you! (I did visit dpreview and steves digicam,
    > but I like to hear from you.)
    > T.I.

    You missed posting to rec.photo.digital.zlr which is the newsgroup
    specially for this class of camera.

    I've cross-posted and set follow-ups to that group.

    David

    David J Taylor, Jun 29, 2006

  3. [groups deleted]

    On 6/29/06 6:09 AM, Talal Itani posted the following:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am shopping for a Digital Camera for semi-professional product
    > photography. I now use the Sony DSC-P200, with good results. I need a
    > fancier camera, with manual controls, bigger LCD, and more close-up. I
    > locked at Digital SLRs, but I am not totally convinced that DSLR is good for
    > me. The DSLRs have a small LCD display, so I have to keep squinting through
    > the view-finder. I recently discovered the Sony DSC-H5. The DSC-H5 has a
    > nice large display through which I can see the product I am shooting very
    > well. This camera can get 2cm close to the object. it has manual controls,
    > and it is not very big. Do you agree with me, that this camera is a good
    > choice for me? Thank you! (I did visit dpreview and steves digicam, but I
    > like to hear from you.)

    Exactly what products will you be shooting? Or at least approximate
    size, and setting.

    An LCD display is virtually useless for two critical things: focus and
    luminance, although for the latter you can and should view the histogram
    after the fact.

    A dSLR may be exactly what you need, so I am keeping this to rec.photo
    and dslr-systems. Omitted groups I know not.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Jun 29, 2006
  4. Talal Itani

    m Ransley Guest

    It is a good camera, the H2 has slightly better resolution and less
    noise compared to Canon S3iS, Panasonic or Kodak super zooms, so im sure
    the H5 is even a bit better. The only thing you need to keep are an
    extra set or two of batteries around when you go out, they should of
    made it hold 4aa like the Canon S3IS. It wont use your memory sticks, it
    uses Duo memory stick.

    m Ransley, Jun 29, 2006