    Birk Binnard
    Peninsula Software
    http://www.birkbinnard.com
    Birk Binnard, Apr 11, 2004

  2. Birk Binnard

    bmoag Guest

    I have shot several hundred, if not thousand, images with my 828: if purple
    fringe is no more a deal-killer for this camera than moire for the D70
    bmoag, Apr 12, 2004

  3. Birk Binnard

    mark_digital Guest

    "Birk Binnard"
    <> wrote in message

    : http://www.birkbinnard.com/pftest is a small gallery of pics I took to
    :check out purple fringing with my 828. The 8 pics are the type that
    :cfause PF to occur. What I found (thanks to a tip from Loren Roque)
    :was that shooting at F8 tend to eliminate PF, or at least reduce it to a
    :negligible amount.

    :Comments welcome. I'll post another message and more pics when
    :I do more experimenting.
    :---------------
    :Birk Binnard
    :peninsula Software http://www.birkbinnard.com
    --------

    Please tell me how "All of the pics were shot in Program mode with the
    camera set for high contrast and high saturation". Where in it's set up
    do you set for high contrast and high saturation?

    TIA,
    mark_
    mark_digital, Apr 12, 2004
  4. Birk Binnard

    Birk Binnard Guest

    Simply put the camera in P mode (actually, anything except auto or
    movie/setup) and press the Menu button. Then scroll to the right until you
    see Saturation and Contrast.

    Also see p. 138 in the F828 user manual.
    Birk Binnard
    Peninsula Software
    http://www.birkbinnard.com
    Birk Binnard, Apr 12, 2004