Sony DigiCam to Stop Photo Sharing

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by PAM., Nov 27, 2005.

  1. PAM.

    PAM. Guest

    PAM., Nov 27, 2005

  2. PAM.

    Roger_Nickel Guest

    PAM. wrote:
    > http://www.bbspot.com/News/2005/11/sony_photo_sharing.html
    >
    > "This Cookie Monster costume is not properly licensed for photo sharing by
    > the Children's Television Workshop. Thank goodness for Sony DRM."
    >
    > :)
    >
    > PAM.

    the best bit is at the end:-

    "..Hackers have already cracked the Sony DRM system by buying
    another digital camera and using it to take pictures of their
    pictures once they are displayed on their computer screen. "It's a
    hassle," said one hacker who wished to remain anonymous, "but at
    least you haven't wasted the money you spent on the Sony camera."

    Roger_Nickel, Nov 27, 2005

  3. PAM.

    Pooh Bare Guest

    "Roger_Nickel" <> wrote in message
    > PAM. wrote:
    >> http://www.bbspot.com/News/2005/11/sony_photo_sharing.html
    >>
    >> "This Cookie Monster costume is not properly licensed for photo sharing
    >> by
    >> the Children's Television Workshop. Thank goodness for Sony DRM."
    >>
    >> :)
    >>
    >> PAM.
    >>

    > the best bit is at the end:-
    >
    > "..Hackers have already cracked the Sony DRM system by buying another
    > digital camera and using it to take pictures of their pictures once they
    > are displayed on their computer screen. "It's a hassle," said one hacker
    > who wished to remain anonymous, "but at least you haven't wasted the money
    > you spent on the Sony camera."

    Guess I won't be buying Sony cameras in future:O)

    Pooh

    Pooh Bare, Nov 28, 2005
  4. PAM.

    XP Guest

    On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:11:28 +1300, "PAM." <> wrote:

    >http://www.bbspot.com/News/2005/11/sony_photo_sharing.html
    >
    >"This Cookie Monster costume is not properly licensed for photo sharing by
    >the Children's Television Workshop. Thank goodness for Sony DRM."
    >
    >:)
    >
    >PAM.

    A Muso friend of mine that Uses Mini Disks, can even copy his own recording
    due to Sonys DRM..

    XP, Nov 28, 2005
  5. PAM.

    BTMO Guest

    "XP" <> wrote

    > A Muso friend of mine that Uses Mini Disks, can even copy his own
    > recording
    > due to Sonys DRM..

    Can he?

    Wow.

    BTMO, Nov 28, 2005
  6. PAM.

    XP Guest

    On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:11:28 +1300, "PAM." <> wrote:

    >http://www.bbspot.com/News/2005/11/sony_photo_sharing.html
    >
    >"This Cookie Monster costume is not properly licensed for photo sharing by
    >the Children's Television Workshop. Thank goodness for Sony DRM."
    >
    >:)
    >
    >PAM.

    A Muso friend of mine that Uses Mini Disks, cant even copy his own
    recording due to Sonys DRM..

    XP, Nov 28, 2005
  7. PAM.

    LBruce Guest

    On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:05:36 +1300, XP <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:11:28 +1300, "PAM." <> wrote:
    >
    >>http://www.bbspot.com/News/2005/11/sony_photo_sharing.html
    >>
    >>"This Cookie Monster costume is not properly licensed for photo sharing by
    >>the Children's Television Workshop. Thank goodness for Sony DRM."
    >>
    >>:)
    >>
    >>PAM.
    >>

    >A Muso friend of mine that Uses Mini Disks, cant even copy his own
    >recording due to Sonys DRM..

    Then he should crack it and never buy Sony in the future.

    LBruce, Nov 28, 2005
  8. PAM.

    Roger_Nickel Guest

    Pooh Bare wrote:
    > "Roger_Nickel" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>PAM. wrote:
    >>
    >>>http://www.bbspot.com/News/2005/11/sony_photo_sharing.html
    >>>
    >>>"This Cookie Monster costume is not properly licensed for photo sharing
    >>>by
    >>>the Children's Television Workshop. Thank goodness for Sony DRM."
    >>>
    >>>:)
    >>>
    >>>PAM.
    >>>

    >>the best bit is at the end:-
    >>
    >>"..Hackers have already cracked the Sony DRM system by buying another
    >>digital camera and using it to take pictures of their pictures once they
    >>are displayed on their computer screen. "It's a hassle," said one hacker
    >>who wished to remain anonymous, "but at least you haven't wasted the money
    >>you spent on the Sony camera."

    > Guess I won't be buying Sony cameras in future:O)
    >
    > Pooh

    Spoof site and a good one, worth browsing around. Ironic that
    Sony, a company once famous for quality innovative engineering,
    should now be known for its proprietary and crippled data formats.
    Probably the company is no longer run by its engineers.

    Roger_Nickel, Nov 28, 2005
  9. PAM.

    PAM. Guest

    "LBruce" <> wrote in message
    > Then he should crack it and never buy Sony in the future.

    I was all for buying a Sony HDD/DVD Rewriter and a plasma TV (Yeah....like,
    whenever) but now I'm not so sure.

    PAM.

    PAM., Nov 28, 2005
  10. PAM.

    LBruce Guest

    On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:47:37 +1300, "PAM." <>
    wrote:

    >"LBruce" <> wrote in message
    >> Then he should crack it and never buy Sony in the future.

    >I was all for buying a Sony HDD/DVD Rewriter and a plasma TV (Yeah....like,
    >whenever) but now I'm not so sure.
    >
    >PAM.

    I've always found Sony stuff expensive for what you get anyway.

    LBruce, Nov 28, 2005
  11. PAM.

    Richard Guest

    LBruce wrote:

    > I've always found Sony stuff expensive for what you get anyway.

    Yeah, its typically expensive shit, may as well buy cheap shit and pocket the
    difference

    Richard, Nov 28, 2005