Sony DCRDVD602E Capture.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mazool, Oct 18, 2005.

  1. Mazool

    Mazool Guest

    Hello All,

    I have a friend who has purchased the Sony DCRDVD602E DVD handycam,
    this is the entry level sony DVD camera. It lacks any kind of digital
    output so direct capture to a PC is tricky.

    Short of purchasing an analogue video capture card and capturing
    footage that way. I was thinking of trying to capture directly off the
    recorded DVD. I figure seeing there would be little to no copy
    protectection/macrovision/whatever on the recorded dvd(rw) it shouldn't
    be too difficult.

    Is anyone aware of any decent, easy to use (a MUST) software that could
    achieve this? I'm aware of DVD ripping suites like Gordian knot etc but
    all we need this to do is capture the footage to raw avi or similar so
    it can be opened and edited in Windows movie maker (or similar) and it
    needs to be relatively straightforward.

    Surely someone has the 602e camera and has their own methods for
    capture to pc.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    TIA,

    Mazool