    someone help me regarding where I could find this camera in stock.

    thanks
    adi
    adi, May 1, 2007

  2. adi <> wrote:
    > hey all,

    > i have just joined this group and wanted some help regarding a new
    > camera I am looking for. For the last month or so, I have been looking
    > for Sony Cybershot DSCR1 camera but it seems to have very less or no
    > availability (both online and stores). I am living in NY and tried the
    > B&H in manhattan but it seems to be not available there either.

    > The only place I could find it was Amazon from unknown sellers. Could
    > someone help me regarding where I could find this camera in stock.

    They turn up regularly on Ebay, both new and second hand. Someone
    recently said that in the US Sony outlets still had some stocks. Since
    it's been discontinued you may find it hard to find one
    locally. Prices of new ones seem to vary considerably depending on
    whether it's regarded as discontinued old fashioned stuff or a limited
    supply of something enthusiasts are chasing.

    --
    Chris Malcolm DoD #205
    [http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]
    Chris Malcolm, May 1, 2007

  3. adi

    FMV Guest

    I have a mint one together with telephoto lens adaper (and the adapter
    necessary to attach the lens). I have not used it in a long time and would
    consider selling it. I do believe I have the original boxes the camera and
    lens/adapter came in. Bought camera from Ritzcamera.com when it first came
    out. You can check my ebay feedback (ebay name Fredo). I am located in
    Michigan
    FMV, May 1, 2007
  4. adi

    Jack Guest

    "FMV" <> wrote in message news:f1644j$51d$...
    >I have a mint one together with telephoto lens adaper (and the adapter
    >necessary to attach the lens). I have not used it in a long time and would
    >consider selling it. I do believe I have the original boxes the camera and
    >lens/adapter came in. Bought camera from Ritzcamera.com when it first came
    >out. You can check my ebay feedback (ebay name Fredo). I am located in
    >Michigan

    The R1 has an excellent lense, but the lack of an image stabilizer can give
    you a few blurred pictures unless you hold the camera rock steady.
    Jack, May 1, 2007
  5. adi

    Du_Hicky Guest

    http://www.zoommania.com/dscr1.html
    Du_Hicky, May 1, 2007
  6. adi

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <f1644j$51d$>, says...
    > I have a mint one together with telephoto lens adaper (and the adapter
    > necessary to attach the lens).

    I considered the telephoto auxiliary lens some time ago, but was put off
    by the huge size and weight. A camera should be something portable and
    not a huge telescope. Anyway, how sharp is the tele adapter?
    --

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, May 1, 2007
  7. adi

    adi Guest

    On May 1, 12:59 am, "Jack" <> wrote:
    > "FMV" <> wrote in messagenews:f1644j$51d$...
    > >I have a mint one together with telephoto lens adaper (and the adapter
    > >necessary to attach the lens). I have not used it in a long time and would
    > >consider selling it. I do believe I have the original boxes the camera and
    > >lens/adapter came in. Bought camera from Ritzcamera.com when it first came
    > >out. You can check my ebay feedback (ebay name Fredo). I am located in
    > >Michigan

    > The R1 has an excellent lense, but the lack of an image stabilizer can give
    > you a few blurred pictures unless you hold the camera rock steady.

    Jack / All

    Thanks a lot for all your replies and advice. Any suggestions on
    similar cameras ? Since I am just starting out, I wanted to refrain
    from buying a full blown DSLR

    adi
    adi, May 1, 2007
  8. Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    > In article <f1644j$51d$>, says...
    >> I have a mint one together with telephoto lens adaper (and the adapter
    >> necessary to attach the lens).

    > I considered the telephoto auxiliary lens some time ago, but was put off
    > by the huge size and weight. A camera should be something portable and
    > not a huge telescope. Anyway, how sharp is the tele adapter?

    I've only had mine for a few weeks, but after a little playing with it
    I'd say so far that it's impressively sharp. I suspect the reason why
    it's a conservative 1.7X extension is that they didn't want to
    compromise the performance of the excellent lens behind it. Here's
    two photographs taken with it. You should be able to access the
    original full size images, and you can access the camera EXIF settings
    data.

    The exterior shot was tripod mounted and with timed shutter release. I
    find the sharpness of that very impressive indeed. The interior had
    the giant tele lens propped on a balcony while the camera was hand
    held. Both images are taken from camera-produced jpegs with the nornal
    default settings with a little extra processing. There may be a slight
    lift of the dark to show more detail in dark shadow stonework in the
    exterior shot. The interior shot was sharpened a bit. I suspect that
    the use of a tripod with remote or timed shutter release and a smaller
    aperture would have improved the original.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris_malcolm/476907846/

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris_malcolm/471881451/

    Note by the way the tele extension gives a fixed telephoto of maximum
    (1.7 x 120 = 204mm 135 equiv). Unlike the wide angle extension it
    doesn't work (vignettes badly) when the zoom is retracted.

    Chris Malcolm, May 1, 2007
  9. adi

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > The exterior shot was tripod mounted and with timed shutter release. I
    > find the sharpness of that very impressive indeed. The interior had
    > the giant tele lens propped on a balcony while the camera was hand
    > held. Both images are taken from camera-produced jpegs with the nornal
    > default settings with a little extra processing. There may be a slight
    > lift of the dark to show more detail in dark shadow stonework in the
    > exterior shot. The interior shot was sharpened a bit. I suspect that
    > the use of a tripod with remote or timed shutter release and a smaller
    > aperture would have improved the original.
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris_malcolm/476907846/
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris_malcolm/471881451/

    The resolution is good. The only thing is that if you are going to carry
    such a huge and heavy thing with you (the R1 with the teleconverter) you
    might as well carry a DSLR with two lenses with you. There are now
    models with live preview.

    > Note by the way the tele extension gives a fixed telephoto of maximum
    > (1.7 x 120 = 204mm 135 equiv). Unlike the wide angle extension it
    > doesn't work (vignettes badly) when the zoom is retracted.

    That unfortunately is typical for teleconverter auxiliary lenses. I have
    the same problem with the 1.4x teleconverter on my Olympus 8080. It
    basically is only usable close to the max. tele position.
    --

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, May 1, 2007