    cameraes that is better? I do not like the Canon A70 that much, but I only
    had a look and hold in the stores.

    Ivan
    Ivan Pedersen, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Ivan Pedersen

    J Guest

    I suggest the Canon S230.

    J, Jul 28, 2003

  3. "Ivan Pedersen" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have been looking at a Sony Cybershot DSC-P72 for a handy small 3.2
    > camera. Does anyone have anything to say about that camera? Any other
    > cameraes that is better? I do not like the Canon A70 that much, but I only
    > had a look and hold in the stores.
    >
    > Ivan

    I bought one a couple of weeks ago and have had a blast with it!! Takes
    crisp pictures, easy to use-- although there are little if any manual
    controls.

    The only thing you have to look out for are the "glowing greens"--- I think
    the Sony p&s cameras have a tendency to exaggerate grass, shrubs, etc.---
    anything involving the normal summertime yard. It just depends on how much
    extra green you can handle in your shots!

    I just got a Nikon CP4300 today, so the comparison between the two will be
    interesting.

    As far as the Cybershot, I'd buy it again in a second--- makes a great point
    and shoot!
    Digicam zealot, Jul 29, 2003
  4. Ivan Pedersen

    webmaster Guest

    Greetings,

    "Ivan Pedersen" <> wrote

    > I have been looking at a Sony Cybershot DSC-P72 for a handy small 3.2
    > camera. Does anyone have anything to say about that camera? Any other
    > cameraes that is better? I do not like the Canon A70 that much, but I only
    > had a look and hold in the stores.

    I got the P92, similar to the P72 but with 5 megapixels, been using it for a
    week now and am very happy with the reproduction, just got a 256 Memory
    Stick Pro (Magic Gate) cost 69 GBP + 5GBP for postage from USA to UK.

    The supplied AA batteries are still in the camera after loads of shooting, I
    s'pose they will need recharging soon.

    Gonna get a spare set of Ni-Mh batteries, around 12 GBP for 4 x 2000mah, or
    Maplin have special offer 12 for 14.95 GBP 1800mah.
    --
    Regards,

    Peter

    webmaster, Jul 29, 2003
  5. On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:18:34 +0200, "Ivan Pedersen" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I have been looking at a Sony Cybershot DSC-P72 for a handy small 3.2
    >camera. Does anyone have anything to say about that camera? Any other
    >cameraes that is better? I do not like the Canon A70 that much, but I only
    >had a look and hold in the stores.

    I've got the Sony Cybershot DSC-P20, don't know off hand the
    differences between the P20 and P72, but the P20 is an awesome camera
    for myself. I've seen cameras that have higher Mega Pixels, but to be
    honest, I can't see a use for them myself. I use my Cannon Rebel-G
    when I need prints, and my Sony most of the other time. I have a
    cheaper camera that is 1.3mp as well (My DSC-P20 is a 1.3mp, not 3.2
    ....) And can tell you for a fact, there is a BIG difference between
    the Sony and the other camera.... Take a picture with each camera at
    the same time, same lighting, etc. and you'll see a big difference...
    The Sony looks Crystal Clear, while the cheaper camera is really
    grainy.... Kinda like saying a 5 yr old's finger painting looks
    identical to a Picasso.... You can say so in your mind, but deep down
    you know its not true.... I'm very much impressed with the Sony
    Cybershot for its price.... Granted, I don't think they sell the
    DSC-P20 any more....
    John H. Guillory, Jul 29, 2003
  6. Ivan Pedersen

    Paul Cook Guest

    > Gonna get a spare set of Ni-Mh batteries, around 12 GBP for 4 x 2000mah,
    or
    > Maplin have special offer 12 for 14.95 GBP 1800mah.

    BTW www.7dayshop.com have some great prices on batteries and other neat
    stuff..

    Paul Cook
    Just a satisfied customer.....
    Paul Cook, Jul 30, 2003
  7. Ivan Pedersen

    Biker_Bry Guest

    "Ivan Pedersen" <> wrote in message

    > I have been looking at a Sony Cybershot DSC-P72 for a handy small 3.2
    > camera. Does anyone have anything to say about that camera? Any other
    > cameraes that is better? I do not like the Canon A70 that much, but I only
    > had a look and hold in the stores.

    I just bought one of these cameras off of a reccomendation from a friend...

    I agree with the "glowing" greens, but I actually like them. Really gives
    you a summertime feeling IMHO.
    My children's portraits that I shoot outdoors really look good too.
    For the price, the focus is great, the lense is sharp.
    The batteries last a long time in it, I was suprised. 2 AA's mean if I'm in
    a pinch, I can get some batteries at the local corner store if need be.

    My 2 cents
    Biker_Bry, Jul 30, 2003