    (i.e. as animations) once I download them on my computer?

    Thx,
    Colin

    cman, Jan 30, 2004

  2. "cman" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have some Clip Motion animated GIF files and Multi-Burst JPG files
    > created with a Sony cybershot digital camera. These files play fine
    > as animations when I review them on my camera, however, once I
    > download them to my computer, they no longer play as animations and
    > instead appear as single pictures. How can I play these back properly
    > (i.e. as animations) once I download them on my computer?

    Only a newbie myself to sony cybershot but fairly clued up on PC's. The
    multi burst jpg's just produces you a series of images, they won't playback
    as an animation unless you use some software to put them together as a
    slideshow - nor can I find (on my P10) a way of animating the multi bursts
    on the camera.

    The animated gif has to be viewed on the PC with the right software. Most
    image editors would just show the first frame, try opening the gif file in
    Internet Explorer though, that should show the animation.

    Brian Sheldon, Jan 30, 2004

  3. cman

    Craig Bailey Guest

    If all your images from the camera are encoded into a single GIF upon upload
    to computer, then just open it in internet explorer or PaintShop Pro's GIF
    animator.
    If you use Paintshop Pro then you can edit the images, add new images, make
    transitions, etc.

    If the images are uploaded from your camera as single GIFS, then you can use
    Paintshop Pro to assemble them - just import them into the GIF animator in
    sequence and you can then save the assembled "film strip".
    Keep in mind that unless you downsize the frames, your resultant animated
    GIF is likely to be hefty in size.

    hope this helps,
    Craig.

    Craig Bailey, Jan 30, 2004
  4. cman

    Frans van Workum

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    Voorburg
    Sony Cybershot T9

    Go to www.fvworkum.nl/download and load the animator.zip to your PC. It will make animated gifs from your multiburst picture.

    cheers

    Frans van Workum, Nov 3, 2006
  5. cman

    bockfu

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    you can automate the croping of the multburst with chickencrop

    Hello ---

    I ran into the same problem so I wrote an application to automatically crop the images into seperate files. You still have to use a seperate application to do the animation.
    http://www.chickenbit.com/chicken-crop

    If someone knows the details of how I can automate the creation of an animated GIF with JAVA, let me know.

    -bockfu

    bockfu, Mar 10, 2007
  6. cman

    biogesic

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    thanks!

    ur application was very helpful! thank you!!

    biogesic, Mar 19, 2007
  7. cman

    mo-no

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Another solution

    Hi, it can be done with the gimp and a simple script, take a look at: mo-no-e.blogspot.com/2009/10/convert-multi-burst-photos-into.html

    mo-no, Oct 31, 2009
  8. cman

    shadabad

    Joined: