    to see some serious price drops, and quality increase.

    Can't wait.

    Patrick
    Patrick L., Nov 29, 2003

  2. Patrick L.

    Birk Binnard Guest

    The camera you are reading about is the DSC-F828 and it was supposed to be
    out in time for Christmas this year. But there are no confirmed sightings
    of it yet.
    ---------------
    Birk Binnard
    Peninsula Software
    http://www.birkbinnard.com
    Birk Binnard, Nov 29, 2003

  3. Patrick L.

    Bob Niland Guest

    > Patrick L. <> wrote:

    > I was reading about this in a digital
    > photography magazine, ...

    Then there's a subscription you can drop :)

    > ... says they are coming out with one in
    > November of next year, ...

    The DSC-F828 was 'sposed to have been out in
    November of THIS year, but is now scheduled
    for first shipments on 29 December, in a
    masterstroke of Sony seasonal market timing :)

    > ... anyone know anything about it?

    [P]reviews have been out since August.
    None final. None very illuminating.

    It is now listed with all major resellers.
    Do not order it yet (esp. on eBay).

    > ... we are going to see some serious price
    > drops, and quality increase.

    The quality remains to be seen.

    --
    Regards, PO Box 248
    Bob Niland Enterprise

    Unless otherwise specifically stated, expressing
    personal opinions and NOT speaking for any
    employer, client or Internet Service Provider.
    Bob Niland, Nov 29, 2003
  4. Patrick L.

    -Gene- Guest

    F828 Forum Search:
    http://search.dpreview.com/forums/search.asp?query=f828&forum=1009
    Gene

    -Gene-, Nov 29, 2003
  5. Patrick L.

    Orange Guest

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y5AD21BA6
    Orange, Nov 30, 2003
  6. Patrick L.

    Don Wiss Guest

    On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 00:13:54 -0000, Orange <> wrote:

    >Birk Binnard <> wrote:
    >> The camera you are reading about is the DSC-F828 and it was supposed to be
    >> out in time for Christmas this year. But there are no confirmed sightings
    >> of it yet.

    >http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y5AD21BA6

    That link expands into a long link that ends in referrer=kelkoo. So if you
    use that link to buy the camera it looks like someone is getting a
    commission.

    Don <donwiss at panix.com>.
    Don Wiss, Nov 30, 2003
  7. Patrick L.

    zeitgeist Guest

    > I was reading about this in a digital photography magazine, says they are
    > coming out with one in November of next year, anyone know anything about

    it?

    > The illustration of the camera had a Zeiss lens.

    probably meant Nov of this year but has been delayed.

    http://tinyurl.com/x21r

    Ritz is listing it for one thousand.

    HOWEVER, it uses Memory 'sticks' which they sell a One Gig stick at over
    $600. 256mb for twice what a CF card costs, no mention of a 512mb stick.
    zeitgeist, Nov 30, 2003
  8. Patrick L.

    zeitgeist Guest

    Yo, CF & M SticksRe: Sony coming out with 8 megpixel for $1200?

    "zeitgeist" <> wrote in message

    > > I was reading about this in a digital photography magazine, says they

    are
    > > coming out with one in November of next year, anyone know anything about

    > it?
    > >
    > > The illustration of the camera had a Zeiss lens.
    > > >

    > probably meant Nov of this year but has been delayed.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/x21r
    >
    > Ritz is listing it for one thousand.
    >
    > HOWEVER, it uses Memory 'sticks' which they sell a One Gig stick at over
    > $600. 256mb for twice what a CF card costs, no mention of a 512mb stick.

    This is interesting, it takes BOTH memory sticks AND CF cards.....
    zeitgeist, Nov 30, 2003
  9. imaging-resource.com and dpreview.com both have full reviews except
    for pictures. Looks like a very impressive camera.

    Still as one of the 9mm diagonal p&s it has squat all to do with 35mm.

    David Albrecht, Nov 30, 2003
  10. Patrick L.

    Ubiquitous Guest

    Sony have released an official sample photo and it is VERY noisy for
    ISO100... obviously no progress made there.. and not particularly good
    detail/sharpness either.

    Ubiquitous, Nov 30, 2003
  11. Patrick L.

    zbzbzb Guest

    >Sony have released an official sample photo and it is VERY noisy for
    >ISO100... obviously no progress made there.. and not particularly good
    >detail/sharpness either.

    Where??
    zbzbzb, Nov 30, 2003
  12. Patrick L.

    Mark M Guest

    Re: Yo, CF & M SticksRe: Sony coming out with 8 megpixel for $1200?

    > > HOWEVER, it uses Memory 'sticks' which they sell a One Gig stick at over
    > > $600. 256mb for twice what a CF card costs, no mention of a 512mb

    stick.

    > This is interesting, it takes BOTH memory sticks AND CF cards.....

    Ah!
    The first sign of intelligent memory implementation Sony has made to date
    then!
    Perhaps they are finally "seeing the light" that I have treid to illuminate
    for so long.
    Mark M, Nov 30, 2003
  13. Patrick L.

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > imaging-resource.com and dpreview.com both have full reviews except
    > for pictures. Looks like a very impressive camera.

    How can you say a camera looks impressive without seeing pictures from
    it???

    --
    __________________________________
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Nov 30, 2003
  14. Patrick L.

    zbzbzb Guest

    >both have full reviews except
    >> for pictures. Looks like a very impressive camera.
    >>

    >How can you say a camera looks impressive without seeing pictures from
    >it???
    >
    >--
    >__________________________________
    >Todd Walker
    >http://www.toddwalker.net
    >Canon 10D page:
    >http://www.toddwalker.net/canon10d
    >__________________________________

    He does mention the lack of pictures so one can safely assume he is talking
    about the specs of the camera.
    zbzbzb, Nov 30, 2003
  15. Patrick L.

    Mark M Guest

    > >How can you say a camera looks impressive without seeing pictures from
    > >it???

    > He does mention the lack of pictures so one can safely assume he is

    talking
    > about the specs of the camera.

    That would, of course, impress you George.
    Mark M, Nov 30, 2003
  16. Patrick L.

    Mark Johnson Guest

    "Ubiquitous" <> wrote:

    >Sony have released an official sample photo and it is VERY noisy for
    >ISO100... obviously no progress made there.. and not particularly good
    >detail/sharpness either.

    That would be a lot to correct in Photoshop. Noise is the worst,
    depending on how bad it is. As 100 should be, for any digicam, fairly
    noise free. That's why people like to keep it on 100, whatever the
    lighting conditions. I would think 100 sensitivity on Canon, Fuji,
    Nikon, and Oly, would show little grain, in general. It's the fact
    that the noise is being entirely generated by the 8MP CCD in this
    case?
    Mark Johnson, Nov 30, 2003
  17. Patrick L.

    zbzbzb Guest

    >> >How can you say a camera looks impressive without seeing pictures from
    >> >it???

    >> He does mention the lack of pictures so one can safely assume he is

    >talking
    >> about the specs of the camera.

    >That would, of course, impress you George.

    Lose the "George," it is silly.
    zbzbzb, Nov 30, 2003
  18. Patrick L.

    Lourens Smak Guest

    In article <J2ayb.80$yf.79@fed1read01>,
    "Birk Binnard" <> wrote:

    > The camera you are reading about is the DSC-F828 and it was supposed to be
    > out in time for Christmas this year. But there are no confirmed sightings
    > of it yet.

    I have actually seen a supposedly working sample at a big Adobe event,
    where some other companies including Sony also had a stand. They
    wouldn't let anybody touch the thing though, only a Sony rep was allowed
    to show it a bit.

    Lourens
    Lourens Smak, Nov 30, 2003
  19. Patrick L.

    Patrick L. Guest

    "zeitgeist" <> wrote in message

    > > I was reading about this in a digital photography magazine, says they

    are
    > > coming out with one in November of next year, anyone know anything about

    > it?
    > >
    > > The illustration of the camera had a Zeiss lens.
    > > >

    > probably meant Nov of this year but has been delayed.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/x21r
    >
    > Ritz is listing it for one thousand.
    >
    > HOWEVER, it uses Memory 'sticks' which they sell a One Gig stick at over
    > $600. 256mb for twice what a CF card costs, no mention of a 512mb stick.

    The specs list also CF compatibility, in addition to the sticks.
    Patrick L., Nov 30, 2003
  20. Patrick L.

    Mike Guest

    "zbzbzb" <> wrote in message

    > >> He does mention the lack of pictures so one can safely assume he is

    > >talking
    > >> about the specs of the camera.

    > >That would, of course, impress you George.

    > Lose the "George," it is silly.
    >
    > More importantly why has there been a delay? Is it due too technical

    problems or are they trying to bring the price down to meet the D300?
    If they are targeting the Xmas market they are a bit late. But on the other
    hand a camera of this expected quality( the lens alone) is not something you
    rush out buy with Xmas turkey as an impulse buy. They must be have some big
    problems to announce it when hold back for so long. I will read all the
    reviews with interest as I am quite taken with the specs, but specs alone
    would not make me go for it, it has to perform better then a 6 megapixel
    camera and print A3 with ease with some resolution to spare.
    MikeS
    Mike, Nov 30, 2003