    Before I ship it off for repair to the place Sony suggested, can someone
    advise me of who might be a better repair provider.

    thanks, Harry

    H Brown, Sep 8, 2005

  2. H Brown

    Stewy Guest

    In article <VdYTe.8832$>,
    "H Brown" <> wrote:

    > I would like some advice on getting my Sony CD400 repaired.
    >
    > A couple of months ago, it developed a couple of white horizontal lines
    > roughly in the middle of the LCD display. They did not affect the pictures I
    > took so I figured I could liive with it. Then about 3 weeks ago I was away
    > on vacation and was cought in a mist which ended up as a light rain. My
    > camera was not exposed to direct rain but it did get a bit of rain on the
    > outside. I noticed a few vertical lines blue and red on the LCD display. The
    > next time I turned the camera on, there was no display on the LCD. Nothing I
    > did including resetting it brought it back to operation.
    >
    > Before I ship it off for repair to the place Sony suggested, can someone
    > advise me of who might be a better repair provider.

    If the camera is within guarantee, send it to where Sony advises. If not
    and you're aghast at the price, start shopping around - it depends on
    where in the world you're living - I found a great place in Alice
    Springs last year but its not much use if you live in Muncie, Indiana...

    As a last step if you're still not satisfied, contact Sony in Japan and
    send the camera there, but expect it to take several weeks.

    Stewy, Sep 9, 2005