    Reply to:
    Lycos address is a spam trap.
    , Dec 22, 2003

  2. Stewy Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there an url for sony that I can down load a manual for the latest
    > 8MP camera? I'd like to read that more than ad copy.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,

    Have you tried one of the numerous SonyStyle sites? Or set up a search on
    Google. You don't say which model so I can't recommend an actual site.
    Stewy, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Guest

    "Stewy" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Is there an url for sony that I can down load a manual for the latest
    >> 8MP camera? I'd like to read that more than ad copy.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance,
    >>

    >Have you tried one of the numerous SonyStyle sites? Or set up a search on
    >Google. You don't say which model so I can't recommend an actual site.

    Sadly, I have done the google search. Between the co-incidental and
    intentional acts to make a search return things you are not looking
    for, it gets a bit tough to find things. I have not had any luck on
    sony or sonystyle.com either.

    The cameras are the DSC P32 (have), the DSC F828 and DSC F717 that I
    am interested in.

    I find the manuals of equipment are much more informative than
    marketing copy.

    Thanks,

    Wes

    --
    Reply to:
    Lycos address is a spam trap.
  4. LastYJ Guest

    wrote in news::

    > The cameras are the DSC P32 (have), the DSC F828 and DSC F717 that I
    > am interested in.
    >
    > I find the manuals of equipment are much more informative than
    > marketing copy.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Wes

    If you are looking for PDF manuals for Sony equipment, try this page. I
    have checked the models you mentioned and the manuals are there (only
    available in English).

    http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/sosdocs/default.asp

    Not only does it have manuals for cameras, it basically has anything that
    Sony sells/makes such as TV, sound systems, PDAs, etc.

    -lyj

    LastYJ, Dec 24, 2003
  5. Guest

    LastYJ <chrishch@yahoo> wrote:

    >If you are looking for PDF manuals for Sony equipment, try this page. I
    >have checked the models you mentioned and the manuals are there (only
    >available in English).
    >
    >http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/sosdocs/default.asp
    >
    >Not only does it have manuals for cameras, it basically has anything that
    >Sony sells/makes such as TV, sound systems, PDAs, etc.
    >
    >-lyj

    I just found it myself a few minutes ago. Thank you for looking and
    for posting the link.

    Wes
    --
    Reply to:
    Lycos address is a spam trap.
  6. Larry Lynch Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Sadly, I have done the google search. Between the co-incidental and
    > intentional acts to make a search return things you are not looking
    > for, it gets a bit tough to find things. I have not had any luck on
    > sony or sonystyle.com either.
    >
    > The cameras are the DSC P32 (have), the DSC F828 and DSC F717 that I
    > am interested in.
    >
    > I find the manuals of equipment are much more informative than
    > marketing copy.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Wes
    >
    > --
    > Reply to:
    > Whiskey Echo Sierra Sierra AT Gee Tee EYE EYE dot COM
    > Lycos address is a spam trap.

    I dl'd the manual for my 717 from sony,, Dont have the
    URL but it was under support/manuals
    --
    Larry Lynch
    Lasting Imagery
    Larry Lynch, Dec 24, 2003
  7. Guest

    Larry Lynch <> wrote:

    >I dl'd the manual for my 717 from sony,, Dont have the
    >URL but it was under support/manuals
    >--
    >Larry Lynch
    >Lasting Imagery
    >Mystic, Ct.

    Did you have to use adobe to save your files? They (sony) don't seem
    to want to give you direct links so you can right click and save to a
    file.

    Wes

    --
    Reply to:
    Lycos address is a spam trap.
  8. Larry Lynch Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Did you have to use adobe to save your files? They (sony) don't seem
    > to want to give you direct links so you can right click and save to a
    > file.
    >
    > Wes

    If you are using Explorer, somewhere in the nested
    preference menus you will find the option to open PDF
    files with Acrobat instead of the Explorer .dll that
    usually opens them. Then you can just save it.
    --
    Larry Lynch
    Lasting Imagery
    Larry Lynch, Dec 25, 2003