    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=857067&page=1&pp=30

    Anyone here have this problem?

    T.B.
    TB, Jun 21, 2007

  2. TB wrote:

    > Some people seem to have blu-ray dvds, specifically the movie "The Prestige"
    > that have devoped "rot" not unlike what laserdiscs, a few dvds and cds have
    > all been know to have, usually due to contamination in the laimination
    > process.
    >
    > http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=857067&page=1&pp=30
    >
    > Anyone here have this problem?

    Some do, apparently, as of BVHV's press statement (via thedigitalbits.com)
    ---
    "We encourage customers that are experiencing any kind of problem with
    The Prestige Blu-ray disc to call our Consumer Relations hotline at
    800/477-2811. It is important to conduct forensic examinations of the
    affected discs in order to rule out any form of external tampering. Our
    customers are first and foremost and Buena Vista Home Entertainment
    always strives to meet the highest standards for the consumer."
    ---

    (You'll notice it doesn't mention a disk exchange yet, and a phone line
    chiefly to persuade you why something must have happened to the disk on
    your end and it's not the company's fault--
    But, they're still trying to get an initial idea of how many disks it
    might be happening to.)

    Derek Janssen
    Derek Janssen, Jun 22, 2007

  3. TB

    Guest

    On Jun 21, 2:58 am, "TB" <> wrote:
    > Some people seem to have blu-ray dvds, specifically the movie "The Prestige"
    > that have devoped "rot" not unlike what laserdiscs, a few dvds and cds have
    > all been know to have, usually due to contamination in the laimination
    > process.

    It's not rotting...it's disappearing. Want to find it? Look in your
    left waistcoat pocket, sir,

    And that's the PRESTIGE!!
    , Jul 3, 2007