    Thanks,
    John

    , Apr 26, 2007

  2. ray Guest

    On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:00:04 -0600, wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I bought my alpha a few months ago and shortly after i bought it some
    > asshole broke into my car and stole my camera bag, luckily i had the
    > camera with me, but the jerk got away with my software and manual that
    > came with it along with my laptop. so now i have a new computer and
    > until recently never missed the software. i recently put the camera in
    > raw mode, so now i think i need the software that came with the alpha.
    > sony is no help, does anyone have any recomendations? i hate the
    > thought of these pics being unusable. they are some i'd like to keep.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > John

    What do you need that software for? Try ufraw.

    ray, Apr 26, 2007

  3. Grumps Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I bought my alpha a few months ago and shortly after i bought it some
    > asshole broke into my car and stole my camera bag, luckily i had the
    > camera with me, but the jerk got away with my software and manual that
    > came with it along with my laptop. so now i have a new computer and
    > until recently never missed the software. i recently put the camera in
    > raw mode, so now i think i need the software that came with the alpha.
    > sony is no help, does anyone have any recomendations? i hate the
    > thought of these pics being unusable. they are some i'd like to keep.

    You can purchase the original Alpha CD for $62.95 from the Sony web site.

    Grumps, Apr 26, 2007
  4. Pete D Guest

    Why in Gods name would you have had the CD in your car?

    Pete D, Apr 26, 2007
  5. "Pete D" <> wrote in message
    > Why in Gods name would you have had the CD in your car?

    I know more than a few people who keep their manuals and origianl CDs in
    their laptop bags. IF someone is going to do that, at least make backup
    copies of the CDs and keep those in the bag. To each his own, I'd never do
    it but then again no one ever plans on being robbed.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Apr 26, 2007
  6. cgiorgio Guest

    <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi,
    > I bought my alpha a few months ago and shortly after i bought it some
    > asshole broke into my car and stole my camera bag, luckily i had the
    > camera with me, but the jerk got away with my software and manual that
    > came with it along with my laptop. so now i have a new computer and
    > until recently never missed the software. i recently put the camera in
    > raw mode, so now i think i need the software that came with the alpha.
    > sony is no help, does anyone have any recomendations? i hate the
    > thought of these pics being unusable. they are some i'd like to keep.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > John

    My personal recommendation would be to use the freeware raw converter
    Rawtherapee (www.rawtherapee.com) because of its excellent versatility. PS
    elements also has built in Sony raw support.

    cgiorgio, Apr 26, 2007
  7. <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I bought my alpha a few months ago and shortly after i bought it some
    > asshole broke into my car and stole my camera bag, luckily i had the
    > camera with me, but the jerk got away with my software and manual that
    > came with it along with my laptop. so now i have a new computer and
    > until recently never missed the software. i recently put the camera in
    > raw mode, so now i think i need the software that came with the alpha.
    > sony is no help, does anyone have any recomendations? i hate the
    > thought of these pics being unusable. they are some i'd like to keep.

    I think you'll find everything you need here at the Sony support site:

    http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=DSLRA100K

    Maynard G. Krebs, Apr 26, 2007
  8. In article <MX4Yh.1261$>,
    "Maynard G. Krebs" <> wrote:

    > I think you'll find everything you need here at the Sony support site:
    >
    > http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=DSLRA100K

    Maynard-

    Thanks for the link. I found firmware update number two, and didn't
    even know there had been a number 1!

    My Alpha is now at firmware version 1.02. (Turn on camera, press menu
    and then press the display button below the menu button.)

    Fred

    Fred McKenzie, Apr 27, 2007
  9. Mine shipped with version 1.04 but that is not listed on the website oddly
    !??!!

    Bravo Two Zero, Apr 30, 2007