    Cheers
    Camera Enthusiast,
    http://newcamz.blogspot.com/

    newcamz.blogspot.com, Jul 23, 2006

  2. newcamz.blogspot.com

    Roy G Guest

    "newcamz.blogspot.com" <> wrote in message
    > Sony Alpha DSLR-A100K is rated 7.5/10 on CNET and other reviews also
    > seem to have very good comments on Sony Alpha DSLR-A100K.
    >
    > Has any one tried this first hand? Any opinions?
    >
    > Cheers
    > Camera Enthusiast,

    Learn to write your own reviews, stop asking here for opinions.

    Oops, sorry, I forgot you really don't know enough about cameras to do that.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Jul 23, 2006

  3. newcamz.blogspot.com

    g n p Guest

    "Roy G" <> wrote in message

    > "newcamz.blogspot.com" <> wrote in message
    >> Sony Alpha DSLR-A100K is rated 7.5/10 on CNET and other reviews also
    >> seem to have very good comments on Sony Alpha DSLR-A100K.
    >>
    >> Has any one tried this first hand? Any opinions?
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Camera Enthusiast,

    > Learn to write your own reviews, stop asking here for opinions.

    Why not??

    g n p, Jul 23, 2006
  4. newcamz.blogspot.com

    [BnH] Guest

    err .. the camera is not up for sale .. YET ?

    [BnH], Jul 23, 2006
  5. newcamz.blogspot.com

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <44c39b9a$0$23474$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
    01.iinet.net.au>, "[BnH]" <b18[at]ii[dot]net> says...
    > err .. the camera is not up for sale .. YET ?

    I saw it in the local Saturn store today.
    --

    Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon, Jul 23, 2006
  6. newcamz.blogspot.com

    Bill Funk Guest

    On 23 Jul 2006 05:06:17 -0700, "newcamz.blogspot.com"
    <> wrote:

    >Sony Alpha DSLR-A100K is rated 7.5/10 on CNET and other reviews also
    >seem to have very good comments on Sony Alpha DSLR-A100K.
    >
    >Has any one tried this first hand? Any opinions?
    >
    >Cheers
    >Camera Enthusiast,
    >http://newcamz.blogspot.com/

    Given that the Alpha is a warmed over KM development, it's hard to
    credit Sony with much here.
    And, why did you ask? Are you thinking of buying one?
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Jul 25, 2006
  7. newcamz.blogspot.com

    Bill Funk Guest

    Bill Funk, Jul 25, 2006
  8. In article <>, Bill Funk
    <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 23:54:30 +0200, Alfred Molon
    > >I saw it in the local Saturn store today.

    > B&H has them, too:

    They arrived at the Ritz Camera warehouse this week and are slowly
    arriving in the stores. I found one at Ritz in the Florida Mall in
    Orlando. I tried to purchase a spare battery, but they haven't arrived
    yet. I forgot to ask about other accessories.

    I showed it to the local Camera store owner (ex-Minolta dealer!) and he
    showed me a Minolta 5D. The two appear to be identical at first glance,
    but there are a couple minor differences when closely examined. He also
    showed me that the kit lens DOES work with a film camera, although there
    is darkening in the corners for wide angle shots. At least there is no
    mirror interference problem.

    First impressions:

    1. The Sony Alpha works with all of my Minolta AF lenses including a
    500mm f/8 Mirror and a power-zoom lens.

    2. Image stabilization is impressive. At night, shooting through a
    window, I made an exposure of a streetlamp about 50 feet away using the
    500mm lens. The image in the viewfinder wouldn't stand still. Exposure
    was 1/3 second and the resulting image had a trace of motion blur. But
    what do you expect for 500mm at 1/3 second hand-held?!

    3. The camera seems to adjust ISO to maintain a shutter speed equal to 1
    over focal length (1/500 second for 500mm) if the f/stop will support it.
    The night shot mentioned above had an ISO of 400, which is the highest
    auto-ISO I've observed. (Lowest has been 100.)

    4. The Compact Flash card goes into its slot face-in, instead of face-out
    like other cameras I've seen.

    5. The camera came with a memory stick adapter. Instead, I used a
    different adapter that allows the use of a 1 GB SD card in the Compact
    Flash slot. The camera formatted the SD card with no complaint, and seems
    to be working well.

    Fred

    Fred McKenzie, Jul 29, 2006