    Sony DSLR-A100 model, which was Sony's first in the DSLR class
    http://www.digitalcameras-plus.com/sony-alpha-a200.html
    , Jan 8, 2008

  2. John E Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > SONY UNVEILS NEW MAINSTREAM DSLR CAMERA
    >
    > LAS VEGAS (CES BOOTH 14200), Jan. 6, 2008 - Sony is advancing the
    > digital SLR category for mainstream photographers with today's
    > introduction of the new a (alpha) DSLR-A200 camera.
    >
    > The DSLR-A200 model features upgrades influenced by the recently-
    > introduced, enthusiast-class DSLR-A700 camera and replaces the former
    > Sony DSLR-A100 model, which was Sony's first in the DSLR class
    > http://www.digitalcameras-plus.com/sony-alpha-a200.html

    I have some mixed views about this. Having just bought a Sony DSLR-A100, I
    am a bit miffed about the immediate release of a (presumably) better model.
    On the other hand I got a good price and the camera more than fills my
    requirements as a newby in the DSLR arena. In addition, it is hugely
    important to those of us who have bought into this line of cameras, that
    Sony is going to continue to support them (lenses, accessories etc.). We
    seem to have a continuous path from the old Minolta-Dimax series to the new
    Sony series. That has to be good.

    Interesting to see how this new model pans out.

    John
    John E, Jan 8, 2008