Sony Alpha 700 replacement A77 to have 24 MP APS-C sensor?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bruce, Oct 21, 2010.

  1. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    From sonyalpharumors.com:
    "According to my sources Sony has chosen to use a completely new
    sensor for the upcoming professional SLT (Translucent) camera. The
    sensor will have 24 Megapixels but don’t worry, I have been told the
    noise performance of the sensor is equal if not better than current
    14-16 Megapixels Sony sensors used for the NEX and A33/A55 cameras. It
    will feature the highest resolution APS-C camera on market (The Canon
    7D is on top with the 18 Megapixel sensor). The Sony A77 will be
    released by mid 2011 because Sony needed time to develop an almost
    perfect camera. There will be many innovations (Paul Genge of Sony UK
    said that “this camera will include such high specification features
    that current A700 owners will be amazed“). It will have an improved
    BIONZ processor (based on the current A33/A55 processor), micro af
    adjustment and record 1080/30p, 720p60 and 720p30 (But we can’t
    exclude last minute improvements like 1080p24)."

    Read the rest of the rumor, including suggestions of a hybrid reflex
    optical/EVF finder at:
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/2eoneok
    or:
    http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-...-with-a-completely-new-24-megapixel-sensor-2/

    Bruce, Oct 21, 2010

  2. Bruce

    RichA Guest

    On Oct 21, 5:49 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    > From sonyalpharumors.com:
    > "According to my sources Sony has chosen to use a completely new
    > sensor for the upcoming professional SLT (Translucent) camera. The
    > sensor will have 24 Megapixels but don’t worry, I have been told the
    > noise performance of the sensor is equal if not better than current
    > 14-16 Megapixels Sony sensors used for the NEX and A33/A55 cameras. It
    > will feature the highest resolution APS-C camera on market (The Canon
    > 7D is on top with the 18 Megapixel sensor). The Sony A77 will be
    > released by mid 2011 because Sony needed time to develop an almost
    > perfect camera. There will be many innovations (Paul Genge of Sony UK
    > said that “this camera will include such high specification features
    > that current A700 owners will be amazed“). It will have an improved
    > BIONZ processor (based on the current A33/A55 processor), micro af
    > adjustment and record 1080/30p, 720p60 and 720p30 (But we can’t
    > exclude last minute improvements like 1080p24)."
    >
    > Read the rest of the rumor, including suggestions of a hybrid reflex
    > optical/EVF finder at:http://preview.tinyurl.com/2eoneok
    > or:http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-sony-a77-coming-mid-2011-and-with-....

    If they crack the $1500 barrier, that would be something. Will put a
    bit of pressure on Nikon and Canon.

    RichA, Oct 21, 2010