    Office +44 121 224 7400
    104 The Greenhouse, Custard Factory,
    Gibb Street, Birmingham B9 4AA, United Kingdom

    Jason Smith, Nov 23, 2003

  2. Jason Smith

    Bob Niland Guest

    > Jason Smith <> wrote:

    > Does anyone have any feedback on this product?

    No, because it won't be shipping until
    29 December, and none of the review sites
    have tested and reported on the final
    production version of the camera.

    What are your planned uses?

    There are already some suspected nasty
    limitations with this camera, such as not
    being able to support Sony wide-angle and
    tele accessory lenses.

    It may also not be able to reach the full
    8Mp luminance resolution (but it may be an
    excellent 5Mp camera :)

    I may buy one anyone, but not until we
    have some detailed technical reviews.

    --
    Regards, PO Box 248
    Bob Niland Enterprise

    Unless otherwise specifically stated, expressing
    personal opinions and NOT speaking for any
    employer, client or Internet Service Provider.

    Bob Niland, Nov 23, 2003

  3. Jason Smith

    bmoag Guest

    Actually I was notified by the store I ordered from that the camera may be
    available the first week in December. Sony is now advertising this camera on
    their web site and taking orders.

    bmoag, Nov 24, 2003
  4. Jason Smith

    Bob Niland Guest

    > bmoag <> wrote:

    > Actually I was notified by the store I
    > ordered from that the camera may be
    > available the first week in December.

    Free counseling is available in this
    newgroup if that promise turns out to
    be false :)

    > Sony is now advertising this camera on
    > their web site and taking orders.

    Taking PRE-orders, and when you click,
    there's fine print saying:
    "Preorder Model - Available for shipping
    on or about Dec 29, 2003."

    Frankly, I'd advise not ordering this
    camera until thorough and detailed test
    results are published.

    Bob Niland, Nov 24, 2003
  5. "Bob Niland" <> wrote:

    > Frankly, I'd advise not ordering this
    > camera until thorough and detailed test
    > results are published.

    Given that it has a new lens and a new sensor design, this is very good
    advice.

    I expect that it will cough up 1500 lph and acceptable noise levels at ISO
    100. Current consumer dcams with 5MP and the same tiny pixels (e.g. the Oly
    5050) are doing 1300 lph and acceptable noise levels at ISO 100, so it
    really isn't that much of a stretch.

    But most people find dSLR images look a lot better than consumer camera
    images, and the 300D is available now.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Nov 24, 2003