    for those who have it and had the 717, is the 828 even better for infrared
    shooting in real life use? any reason to upgrade from my current 717? also
    are existing infrared filters for 717 usable on the 828?

    someone, Dec 26, 2003

  2. someone

    Guest

    On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 09:46:05 GMT, (someone) wrote:

    >for those who have it and had the 717, is the 828 even better for

    infrared
    >shooting in real life use? any reason to upgrade from my current 717?

    also
    >are existing infrared filters for 717 usable on the 828?

    Most reports that I'm reading indicate that the F828 is no better then
    the F717 and maybe not as good.

    I'm a huge Sony fan and own the S85, F707, and the V1, but the 828
    will not be my next camera.
    --
    Like a game of pick up stick played by fucking lunatics

    , Dec 26, 2003

  3. someone wrote:

    > for those who have it and had the 717, is the 828 even better for infrared
    > shooting in real life use? any reason to upgrade from my current 717? also
    > are existing infrared filters for 717 usable on the 828?

    IFF Sony has enabled a litle more shutter and aperture control when
    using the "nightshot" mode, then it's an improvement.

    Recall that you're limited to about f2 and 1/60 second in the 7x7
    cameras, due to Sony lawyers' concern that the cameras would be used for
    those infamous WET-BIKINI-C-THRU-PREVERSIONS.

    Of course IR shooters have since overcome some of that nonsense by using
    nightshot with IR-pass filters and neutral density filtes to attenuate
    the light coming into the dialated eye of the camera. Others have
    actually done invasive procedures on the thing, reversing the logic of
    the nightshot switch. AIEEEEE!!!

    There have been situations in bright summer sunlight where I have wished
    for a shorter shutter speed so I could actually remove an ND filter from
    the IR stack and try some semi-action shots. A skateboard park here in
    scenic Huntsalulu, AL comes to mind. It has a great setting, tucked away
    near an interstate exchange, sun coming through at crazy angles,
    foilage, skaters flashing up over the lip of the concrete track against
    a black sky, etc. Alas, 1/60 sec just won't cut it.

    As for the see-through opportunities at the beach, I believe that issue
    was quite overblown.

    So I'm told. Second-hand, of course. From other people. Not me.

    Corry
    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

    Unclaimed Mysteries, Dec 27, 2003
  4. someone

    someone Guest

    On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 17:31:56 GMT, posted:

    >On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 09:46:05 GMT, (someone) wrote:
    >
    >>for those who have it and had the 717, is the 828 even better for

    >infrared
    >>shooting in real life use? any reason to upgrade from my current 717?

    >also
    >>are existing infrared filters for 717 usable on the 828?

    >Most reports that I'm reading indicate that the F828 is no better then
    >the F717 and maybe not as good.
    >
    >I'm a huge Sony fan and own the S85, F707, and the V1, but the 828
    >will not be my next camera.

    what are you saving for? I'm aiming for a d100 with a wide angle lens.

    someone, Dec 27, 2003