    your pants not back on the shelf.

    cheereo........

    , Jul 31, 2005

  2. Roy Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, would someone help me? I have now tried Photoshop, acdc, and some
    > others but do not see in the exif data whether or not the macro mode
    > was used for the photo.
    > Is there a software which shows this info? With other cameras macro
    > mode was displayed in Photoshop as part of the data. Will this not show
    > with the 828?
    > Reading the posts, it seems people have a need to bad mouth this
    > camera. The same thing they did when the KING died. Jealousy is alive
    > and well. Anyone interested I suggest you to buy one use it for a
    > while.
    > The Carl Zeiss f2 wide angle is a masterpiece, itself worth more than
    > what they sell the camera for and beats the shit out of Cannon and
    > Nikon in respect to price.
    > I would suggest hold one in your hands for a few minutes and play with
    > it, you'll soon see what I mean, you'll want to put the thing back in
    > your pants not back on the shelf.
    >
    > cheereo........

    Just a thought.

    Have you even considered the possibility, remote as it may be, that everyone
    else is correct and you are wrong ??

    I don't remember anyone bad mouthing the King when he died, everyone seemed
    to think he had been very brave staying in London all through the Blitz.

    Roy G

    Roy, Jul 31, 2005

  3. Guest

    >I don't remember anyone bad mouthing the King when he died,

    Wrong about the ability of Sony with all their resources, wealth,
    experience and know-how, to blow away would be competition?
    Forget that incredible lens which is causing all this consternation
    with the "know it all" croonies who got screwed paying thru the nose
    for lenses.
    Like I said hold that 828 in your hand for a while, it's got
    ergonomics that can make one come in his pants, now that's a camera!
    And oh!
    My reference, sir, was to the KING of Rock-n-Roll.

    , Aug 1, 2005
  4. birdman Guest

    Now for the serious answer: when I open my 828 files in Photoshop CS and
    CS2, via the Adobe file browser/bridge program, I see the relevant data
    about exposure, focal length, etc even for images that were created in jpeg
    format.
    Ergo I do not understand what you are asking for. Since I do not use this
    camera for macro I cannot attest to whether that info is recorded.
    BTW I agree the 828 is the most under-rated, maligned camera of all time. I
    just returned from a trip to China using the 828 in jpeg and the Nikon D70
    in raw: the 828 is awesome and the lens is magnificent.

    birdman, Aug 1, 2005
  5. Guest

    >I see the relevant data
    Thanks, sometimes we have to face realty.
    I found the order in a previous photo taken with my HP 945, another
    incredible camera for the price, very special flash processing which is
    done internally to balance image info. results in very good looking
    images plus has 10x optical.
    In that cameras exif data in photoshop here's where macro was
    indicated,

    Saturation:
    Sharpness:
    Subject Distance Range: Macro

    I guess there isn't any such line in the sony's exif data, just
    wondering if there is a software or update that would show this.

    thanks, YOULOOKHOT!

    , Aug 1, 2005
  6. Ed Mullikin Guest

    I've had a Sony F828 for about a year and a half. I have large hands and it
    is very comfortable to me. Picture quality seems great after viewing photos
    taken in Africa and India over the past year.

    Ed Mullikin, Aug 1, 2005
  7. Paul Mitchum Guest

    <> wrote:

    > Hi, would someone help me? I have now tried Photoshop, acdc, and some
    > others but do not see in the exif data whether or not the macro mode
    > was used for the photo.
    > Is there a software which shows this info? With other cameras macro
    > mode was displayed in Photoshop as part of the data. Will this not show
    > with the 828?

    Typically, some metadata is stored in a semi-proprietary format within
    the EXIF data, called a 'maker note.' This can include information like
    shooting modes.

    Photoshop evidently doesn't know how to read Sony's maker note info, and
    until it does, it can't tell you anything.

    It seems Sony's maker note is pretty well proprietary, since the usual
    round-up of open source EXIF projects are all falling behind on Sony
    support.

    Paul Mitchum, Aug 1, 2005