    external ip to the internal ip address & so far no luck.

    Thanks in advance for any help,

    Don
    Donald Ramer, Jan 27, 2005

  2. Donald Ramer

    donnie Guest

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:09:57 GMT, "Donald Ramer"
    <> wrote:

    >This firewall only has 2 ports & doesn't support DMZ per se & as a result, I
    >need a little advice.

    ##########################
    Stop right there. Do you mean the router only has two ports?
    You'll have to explain the setup a little better.
    donnie
    donnie, Jan 28, 2005

  3. Donald Ramer

    Donald Ramer Guest

    Donnie,

    Yes, you are correct. It has only 2 ports.

    Thanks for your help.

    Don

    Donald Ramer, Jan 28, 2005
  4. Donald Ramer

    donnie Guest

    On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:15:22 GMT, "Donald Ramer"
    <> wrote:

    >Donnie,
    >
    >Yes, you are correct. It has only 2 ports.
    >
    >Thanks for your help.

    ########################
    Ok, can you afford a better router?
    donnie.
    donnie, Jan 29, 2005
  5. Donald Ramer

    Donald Ramer Guest

    Donnie,

    I'm just a consultant to this company. Already tried to get them to buy
    something better. They refused, have to make this work somehow.

    Thanks in advance.
    Don Ramer

    Donald Ramer, Jan 29, 2005
  6. Donald Ramer

    Guest

    Anytime you want to access something on your LAN from the internet, the
    preferred approach would be to use a VPN. Sonicwall provides a VPN
    client called GVC for this purpose:
    http://help.mysonicwall.com/applications/vpnclient/

    If you don't want to use a VPN, the TZW has a Public Server wizard to
    help you do what you are trying. See page 137 of the Admin Guide
    (http://www.sonicwall.com/services/pdfs/SonicOS_Standard_10_TZW_AdminGuide.pdf).
    Basically, to launch the wizard, click System, and then Wizards, and
    then Network Access Rules. Pretty self explanatory from there. More TZW
    specific docs can be found at
    http://www.sonicwall.com/services/sohotzw_documentation.html
    Hope that helps.
    , Jan 29, 2005
  7. Donald Ramer

    Donald Ramer Guest

    Hello,

    ,

    Your reply was exactly what I was looking for.

    Thanks again & Best regards,
    Don

    Donald Ramer, Feb 1, 2005