    RecordNow and the XP CD Writing wizards are both produced by Roxio. The
    XP wizards are very primitive with no support for buffer underrun
    protection whatsoever.

    Rob J, Sep 23, 2005

  2. Rob J

    XP Guest

    On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:20:31 +1200, Rob J <> wrote:

    >Does Sonic RecordNow include buffer underrun protection?
    >
    >RecordNow and the XP CD Writing wizards are both produced by Roxio. The
    >XP wizards are very primitive with no support for buffer underrun
    >protection whatsoever.

    So why use them, go for Nero or NTI..

    XP, Sep 23, 2005

  3. Rob J

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:20:31 +1200, Rob J <> wrote:
    >
    > >Does Sonic RecordNow include buffer underrun protection?
    > >
    > >RecordNow and the XP CD Writing wizards are both produced by Roxio. The
    > >XP wizards are very primitive with no support for buffer underrun
    > >protection whatsoever.

    > So why use them, go for Nero or NTI..

    Nero InCD does not work with Windows XP SP2

    But you failed to answer my question.

    Rob J, Sep 23, 2005
  4. Rob J

    Phstpok Guest

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    >>On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:20:31 +1200, Rob J <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Does Sonic RecordNow include buffer underrun protection?
    >>>
    >>>RecordNow and the XP CD Writing wizards are both produced by Roxio. The
    >>>XP wizards are very primitive with no support for buffer underrun
    >>>protection whatsoever.

    >>So why use them, go for Nero or NTI..

    > Nero InCD does not work with Windows XP SP2
    >
    > But you failed to answer my question.

    Works on mine.

    Phstpok, Sep 23, 2005
  5. Rob J

    XP Guest

    On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:59:39 +1200, Phstpok <> wrote:

    >> In article <>,
    >> says...

    >>>So why use them, go for Nero or NTI..

    >> Nero InCD does not work with Windows XP SP2

    But why use it, as Packet writing is so unreliable..

    >> But you failed to answer my question.

    I saw no point in it as you were referring to Crap software.

    XP, Sep 23, 2005
  6. Rob J

    Peter S Guest

    "Rob J" <> wrote in message
    > Does Sonic RecordNow include buffer underrun protection?
    >
    > RecordNow and the XP CD Writing wizards are both produced by Roxio. The
    > XP wizards are very primitive with no support for buffer underrun
    > protection whatsoever.

    Can't see any mention of it in the Version 6 of RecordNow. That said, it
    just works and I wouldn't be surprised if it is there. The software just
    works, and I love it. No sign of anything bloated like Nero on my machine
    thanks.

    The Sonic products IMHO are excellent and I haven't had any issues with them
    at all - I use RecordNow nearly every day.

    I haven't had so much luck with the XP wizards, they are pretty useless.

    Pete.

    Peter S, Sep 24, 2005
  7. Rob J

    bambam Guest

    Rob J <> wrote in news:MPG.1d9e117ddce94a53989680
    @news.chc.ihug.co.nz:

    > Does Sonic RecordNow include buffer underrun protection?

    I have version 4.60 on my comp and under Tools/Options/General is a
    "Buffer Protection" box, with the options- Enable, Disable, and Enable only
    for single drive jobs. So I'd say yes.

    bambam, Sep 24, 2005
  8. Rob J

    XP Guest

    On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 22:24:25 +1200, "Peter S" <>
    wrote:

    >"Rob J" <> wrote in message
    >> Does Sonic RecordNow include buffer underrun protection?
    >>
    >> RecordNow and the XP CD Writing wizards are both produced by Roxio. The
    >> XP wizards are very primitive with no support for buffer underrun
    >> protection whatsoever.

    >Can't see any mention of it in the Version 6 of RecordNow. That said, it
    >just works and I wouldn't be surprised if it is there. The software just
    >works, and I love it. No sign of anything bloated like Nero on my machine
    >thanks.
    >
    >The Sonic products IMHO are excellent and I haven't had any issues with them
    >at all - I use RecordNow nearly every day.
    >
    >I haven't had so much luck with the XP wizards, they are pretty useless.
    >
    >Pete.

    More Fool you, Roxio lost the Plot years ago, Nero is now the Number one..

    XP, Sep 24, 2005
  9. Rob J

    Peter S Guest

    "XP" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 22:24:25 +1200, "Peter S" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Rob J" <> wrote in message
    >>> Does Sonic RecordNow include buffer underrun protection?
    >>>
    >>> RecordNow and the XP CD Writing wizards are both produced by Roxio. The
    >>> XP wizards are very primitive with no support for buffer underrun
    >>> protection whatsoever.

    >>Can't see any mention of it in the Version 6 of RecordNow. That said, it
    >>just works and I wouldn't be surprised if it is there. The software just
    >>works, and I love it. No sign of anything bloated like Nero on my machine
    >>thanks.
    >>
    >>The Sonic products IMHO are excellent and I haven't had any issues with
    >>them
    >>at all - I use RecordNow nearly every day.
    >>
    >>I haven't had so much luck with the XP wizards, they are pretty useless.
    >>
    >>Pete.
    >>

    > More Fool you, Roxio lost the Plot years ago, Nero is now the Number
    > one..

    Ha! I don't give a rats what everyone else thinks is Number one - Sonic
    RecordNow works every time for me, and thats all I ask of software really :)

    Pete.

    Peter S, Sep 25, 2005
  10. Rob J

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 22:24:25 +1200, "Peter S" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"Rob J" <> wrote in message
    > >> Does Sonic RecordNow include buffer underrun protection?
    > >>
    > >> RecordNow and the XP CD Writing wizards are both produced by Roxio. The
    > >> XP wizards are very primitive with no support for buffer underrun
    > >> protection whatsoever.

    > >Can't see any mention of it in the Version 6 of RecordNow. That said, it
    > >just works and I wouldn't be surprised if it is there. The software just
    > >works, and I love it. No sign of anything bloated like Nero on my machine
    > >thanks.
    > >
    > >The Sonic products IMHO are excellent and I haven't had any issues with them
    > >at all - I use RecordNow nearly every day.
    > >
    > >I haven't had so much luck with the XP wizards, they are pretty useless.
    > >
    > >Pete.
    > >

    > More Fool you, Roxio lost the Plot years ago, Nero is now the Number one..

    Nero is very expensive to buy separately, RecordNow is quite cheap.

    We just have a couple of HP laptops that didn't come with it, all the
    Toshies did. Seeing as these modern lappies don't have an FDD I want to
    issue instructions for the DLA feature to use a CDRW and have them the
    same on all the machines.

    Rob J, Sep 25, 2005