Song Of The South

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Hillen120, May 28, 2004.

  1. Hillen120

    Hillen120 Guest

    I am looking for a DVD copy of Song Of The South - Is there anyone in the UK
    that can help? Please email off board
    Hillen120, May 28, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Hillen120

    Impmon Guest

    On 28 May 2004 08:05:34 GMT, (Hillen120) wrote:

    >I am looking for a DVD copy of Song Of The South - Is there anyone in the UK
    >that can help? Please email off board


    And about a million other people. I wasn't aware Song of the South
    has been released and I would like to have one as well. All I have
    are the VCD I burned from the video I downloaded and it's not good
    quality.
    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net
    Impmon, May 28, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On Fri, 28 May 2004 12:32:46 -0400, Impmon <> wrote:

    >On 28 May 2004 08:05:34 GMT, (Hillen120) wrote:
    >
    >>I am looking for a DVD copy of Song Of The South - Is there anyone in the UK
    >>that can help? Please email off board

    >
    >And about a million other people. I wasn't aware Song of the South
    >has been released and I would like to have one as well. All I have
    >are the VCD I burned from the video I downloaded and it's not good
    >quality.


    AFAIK it has never been released, anywhere, on DVD. I have a PAL VHS
    copy of it, distributed by Buena Vista Home Video of Isleworth,
    Middlesex, England, so I can assure you that it exists in that format.
    It is 91 min. and is as good a quality as one can expect from VHS. It
    is my understanding that a short portion of Song of the South is
    included within the extras on the recent Disney released DVD of Alice
    in Wonderland, but I have not seen it to so verify.

    Charles
    nzvideos.org
    Charles Eggen, May 29, 2004
    #3
  4. Hillen120

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Charles Eggen wrote:
    >
    > AFAIK it has never been released, anywhere, on DVD. I have a PAL VHS
    > copy of it, distributed by Buena Vista Home Video of Isleworth,
    > Middlesex, England, so I can assure you that it exists in that format.
    > It is 91 min. and is as good a quality as one can expect from VHS. It
    > is my understanding that a short portion of Song of the South is
    > included within the extras on the recent Disney released DVD of Alice
    > in Wonderland, but I have not seen it to so verify.


    This movie would make an excellent candidate for a "Disney Treasures"
    release, complete with commentary and study about the controversial aspects
    of the picture.

    Mike
    Mike Kohary, May 29, 2004
    #4
  5. Hillen120

    Paul R Guest

    I have the Laser Disc English-language version released in Japan back in
    1984-85.

    "Charles Eggen" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Fri, 28 May 2004 12:32:46 -0400, Impmon <> wrote:
    >
    > >On 28 May 2004 08:05:34 GMT, (Hillen120) wrote:
    > >
    > >>I am looking for a DVD copy of Song Of The South - Is there anyone in

    the UK
    > >>that can help? Please email off board

    > >
    > >And about a million other people. I wasn't aware Song of the South
    > >has been released and I would like to have one as well. All I have
    > >are the VCD I burned from the video I downloaded and it's not good
    > >quality.

    >
    > AFAIK it has never been released, anywhere, on DVD. I have a PAL VHS
    > copy of it, distributed by Buena Vista Home Video of Isleworth,
    > Middlesex, England, so I can assure you that it exists in that format.
    > It is 91 min. and is as good a quality as one can expect from VHS. It
    > is my understanding that a short portion of Song of the South is
    > included within the extras on the recent Disney released DVD of Alice
    > in Wonderland, but I have not seen it to so verify.
    >
    > Charles
    > nzvideos.org
    Paul R, May 30, 2004
    #5
  6. Hillen120

    Guest

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 12:06:48 GMT, "Paul R"
    <> wrote:

    >I have the Laser Disc English-language version released in Japan back in
    >1984-85.
    >


    Most people seem to prefer the Hong Kong LD which has no subtitles.
    Unlike the Jap LD which has subtitles in the songs. I have both.
    , May 31, 2004
    #6
  7. Hillen120

    drsd2kill Guest

    I made a hybrid DVD using the best elements of the Japanese LD, Hong Kong LD
    (no subs, but very soft, pale, and from a sped-up PAL course), and the restored
    sequence on the ALICE IN WONDERLAND LD and DVD sets
    drsd2kill, May 31, 2004
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Stuff

    REQ Song of the South

    Stuff, Sep 29, 2003, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    14,475
    Jeffy3
    Sep 30, 2003
  2. Scot Gardner
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    2,188
    Aaron
    Jan 19, 2004
  3. Glenn
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    520
    luminos
    Feb 23, 2004
  4. One-Shot Scot

    SONG OF THE SOUTH: Asinine Disney Censorship!

    One-Shot Scot, Dec 5, 2004, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    25
    Views:
    3,891
    Aaron J. Bossig
    Dec 10, 2004
  5. One-Shot Scot

    Song of the South: Latest Rumors.

    One-Shot Scot, Feb 28, 2005, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    1,014
    Richard C.
    Apr 11, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page