    More on Disney's decision, which may be the rusult of financial
    difficulties:

    http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=1313

    One-Shot Scot, Feb 28, 2005

  2. One-Shot Scot

    RichA Guest

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:25:10 GMT, "One-Shot Scot" <>
    wrote:

    >"That's right. "Song of the South." The Academy Award winning film that
    >former Disney Feature Animation head Thomas Schumacher once told Roger Ebert
    >was on "permanent moratorium" has reportedly been greenlit for release late
    >next year. A special 60th anniversary edition that -- thanks to a plethora
    >of extra features -- will try & put this somewhat controversial motion
    >picture in historical context."

    For those too historically-illiterate to do it themselves.
    -Rich

    RichA, Feb 28, 2005

  3. One-Shot Scot wrote:

    > "That's right. "Song of the South." The Academy Award winning film that
    > former Disney Feature Animation head Thomas Schumacher once told Roger Ebert
    > was on "permanent moratorium" has reportedly been greenlit for release late
    > next year. A special 60th anniversary edition that -- thanks to a plethora
    > of extra features -- will try & put this somewhat controversial motion
    > picture in historical context."
    >
    > "Which is why I seriously doubt that we'll get all that many letters about
    > "Song of the South" 's racial content. The way I figure it, most kids &
    > adults will be nodding off 30 minutes into the thing. And people who are
    > sleeping can't write letters of complaint."

    (Snotty, yes, but an interesting counter-offensive to pull the rug out
    from who still want to protest just on "principle"...)

    > More on Disney's decision, which may be the rusult of financial
    > difficulties:
    >
    > http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=1313

    No mention of "financial difficulties", but reportedly all those fanboy
    showoffs who bought the WWII set for bragging rights could be usefully
    spun out of context, and *did* help sell the "See, we can sell the
    'controversial stuff' to the collectors!" angle across the boardroom...
    That, and Splash Mountain being the kids' favorite ride at the theme
    parks didn't hurt either.

    Derek Janssen (oh, and they're finally running out of other classics to
    2-disk)

    Derek Janssen, Feb 28, 2005
  4. On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:39:30 -0500, RichA <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:25:10 GMT, "One-Shot Scot" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>"That's right. "Song of the South." The Academy Award winning film that
    >>former Disney Feature Animation head Thomas Schumacher once told Roger Ebert
    >>was on "permanent moratorium" has reportedly been greenlit for release late
    >>next year. A special 60th anniversary edition that -- thanks to a plethora
    >>of extra features -- will try & put this somewhat controversial motion
    >>picture in historical context."

    > For those too historically-illiterate to do it themselves.
    >-Rich

    Or remember a time when 'Political Correctness' wasn't a determining
    factor in entertainment.

    E. Barry Bruyea, Feb 28, 2005
  5. "One-Shot Scot" <> wrote in

    > "That's right. "Song of the South." The Academy Award winning film
    > that former Disney Feature Animation head Thomas Schumacher once told
    > Roger Ebert was on "permanent moratorium" has reportedly been greenlit
    > for release late next year. A special 60th anniversary edition that --
    > thanks to a plethora of extra features -- will try & put this somewhat
    > controversial motion picture in historical context."

    Yay.

    > "This movie isn't nearly as good as people seem to remember it being.
    > Sure, the animated sequences are charming. But the pace of the rest of
    > the picture is so damned pokey."

    Wow, someone at Disney claiming their company's product is anything
    less than the end-all-be-all of family entertainment. If anyone needs
    me, I'll be hiding under the bed.

    > "Which is why I seriously doubt that we'll get all that many letters
    > about "Song of the South" 's racial content. The way I figure it, most
    > kids & adults will be nodding off 30 minutes into the thing. And
    > people who are sleeping can't write letters of complaint."

    Translation: We've finally managed to grow something that resembles a
    spine. The only catch is, we'd rather trash our own product than admit
    that maybe some potential customers just have too much free time.

    > More on Disney's decision, which may be the rusult of financial
    > difficulties:

    Once again, money talks, bullshit walks. So, Disney's finally realizing
    that people would rather watch Song of the South I than Lion King VII.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com

    Aaron J. Bossig, Mar 1, 2005
  6. One-Shot Scot

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <Xns960BCE47D8B4Blinkvb06SpammersWill@204.186.200.105>,
    Aaron J. Bossig <> wrote:

    > "One-Shot Scot" <> wrote in
    >

    > > More on Disney's decision, which may be the rusult of financial
    > > difficulties:

    > Once again, money talks, bullshit walks. So, Disney's finally realizing
    > that people would rather watch Song of the South I than Lion King VII.

    Gotta be honest, I doubt people will prefer Song of the South. However
    it's something they can release cheaply without doing new animation, in
    an attempt to cash in on the interest in old animation that seems to be
    there.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Mar 1, 2005
  7. Invid Fan wrote:

    >>>More on Disney's decision, which may be the rusult of financial
    >>>difficulties:

    >>Once again, money talks, bullshit walks. So, Disney's finally realizing
    >>that people would rather watch Song of the South I than Lion King VII.

    > Gotta be honest, I doubt people will prefer Song of the South. However
    > it's something they can release cheaply without doing new animation, in
    > an attempt to cash in on the interest in old animation that seems to be
    > there.

    And, again, an entire generation of Walt Disney World-raised kids are
    already familiar with Br'er Rabbit, but never realized there was a
    Splash Mountain: the Movie...

    Derek Janssen ("It's like Pirates of the Caribbean, only a cartoon!")

    Derek Janssen, Mar 1, 2005
  8. One-Shot Scot

    renegade X Guest

    Thats great it is being re-released. Too bad I spent hours convertin
    an old VHS to DVD for my dad, just weeks ago

    It was stupid for this to be banned. No one, regardless of race
    should be closed minded to the past. Thats why are great melting po
    failed, idiots not learning from the past

    renegade X, Apr 9, 2005
  9. One-Shot Scot

    Guest

    On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 02:21:48 -0500,
    -spam.invalid (renegade X) wrote:

    >Thats great it is being re-released. Too bad I spent hours converting
    >an old VHS to DVD for my dad, just weeks ago.
    >
    >It was stupid for this to be banned. No one, regardless of race,
    >should be closed minded to the past. Thats why are great melting pod
    >failed, idiots not learning from the past.

    Should be "our" not "are".

    , Apr 9, 2005
  10. One-Shot Scot

    Mark W Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 02:21:48 -0500,
    > -spam.invalid (renegade X) wrote:
    >
    >>Thats great it is being re-released. Too bad I spent hours converting
    >>an old VHS to DVD for my dad, just weeks ago.
    >>
    >>It was stupid for this to be banned. No one, regardless of race,
    >>should be closed minded to the past. Thats why are great melting pod
    >>failed, idiots not learning from the past.

    > Should be "our" not "are".

    Yes. Whad we need id a gread big melding pod.

    Mark W, Apr 9, 2005
  11. "Mark W" <s@o> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 02:21:48 -0500,
    >> -spam.invalid (renegade X) wrote:
    >>
    >>>Thats great it is being re-released. Too bad I spent hours converting
    >>>an old VHS to DVD for my dad, just weeks ago.
    >>>
    >>>It was stupid for this to be banned. No one, regardless of race,
    >>>should be closed minded to the past. Thats why are great melting pod
    >>>failed, idiots not learning from the past.

    >> Should be "our" not "are".

    > Yes. Whad we need id a gread big melding pod.

    No, no. MELTING pod. You know, like when Jeff Goldblulm did his
    tele-transportation experiments with the monkeys.

    Bernie Woodham, Apr 9, 2005
  12. One-Shot Scot

    Richard C. Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 02:21:48 -0500,
    > -spam.invalid (renegade X) wrote:
    >
    >>Thats great it is being re-released. Too bad I spent hours converting
    >>an old VHS to DVD for my dad, just weeks ago.
    >>
    >>It was stupid for this to be banned. No one, regardless of race,
    >>should be closed minded to the past. Thats why are great melting pod
    >>failed, idiots not learning from the past.

    > Should be "our" not "are".

    also should be "pot" not "pod".

    Richard C., Apr 11, 2005