    Any help will be appreciated,
    Neil
    www.entservers.com Shameless plug :).

    Guest, Jan 18, 2004

  2. Guest

    °Mike° Guest

    Television.

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 23:45:10 GMT, in
    <aUEOb.25879$>
    <> scrawled:

    >Here's something I've been wondering. What form of advertising attracts the
    >most customers?

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 19, 2004

  3. Guest

    trout Guest

    wrote:

    > Here's something I've been wondering. What form of advertising
    > attracts the most customers?
    > In the past two years we've been in buisness, we have three
    > customers for my website buisness, and they are all f riends helping
    > out. I've been basically relying on word of mouth to help attract
    > buisness, but so far that hasn't helped. Unfortunatly, I'm not
    > trained in the art of buisness, and am learning as I go along, so I
    > was wondering what the most affective form of advertising for a
    > website buisness is? So far, as stated, word of mouth is not working
    > so well in my favor. I figured I'd have at least 20 new customers a
    > year if I'm lucky, but I'm no where near that amount.
    >
    > Any help will be appreciated,
    > Neil

    I see that you participate fairly regularly in some Usenet groups.
    There's no reason you can't have a brief (no more than 4 lines) mention
    of your site in a *properly delimited* signature. That is; at the end of
    the post, separated by 'dash dash space (hard return)'.
    Some people will use Google Groups to search for a topic in which
    your service is a *legitimate* answer to a problem or question.
    Be sure to familiarize yourself with the individual group, first,
    though; to see if this sort of thing is considered to be acceptable.
    --
    "Even the slightest smell of spam never washes off."

    trout, Jan 19, 2004
  4. TheShredder1 wrote:

    > Here's something I've been wondering. What form of advertising attracts the
    > most customers?

    Television.

    Check out alt.www.webmaster.

    --
    Blinky Registered Linux User #297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 19, 2004
  5. Guest

    Harrison Guest

    I run a computer and networking support business for small businesses
    and home offices.
    My best responses have been through going around and personally
    introducing myself and leaving a card.
    I've also had good results with some recent direct mailings.
    The primary thing is to figure out who your market is, and then focus
    your efforts where they are most likely to notice you.
    Sounds simple, and it can be, but it's never really easy.

    You mentioned word of mouth. Take that to the next level and offer
    discounts or rewards to existing customers who lead you to new
    customers.

    Harrison, Jan 19, 2004
  6. Guest

    Paul - xxx Guest

    posted ...

    > Here's something I've been wondering. What form of advertising
    > attracts the most customers?

    Television.

    > In the past two years we've been in buisness, we have three
    > customers for my website buisness, and they are all f riends helping
    > out. I've been basically relying on word of mouth to help attract
    > buisness, but so far that hasn't helped. Unfortunatly, I'm not
    > trained in the art of buisness, and am learning as I go along, so I
    > was wondering what the most affective form of advertising for a
    > website buisness is? So far, as stated, word of mouth is not working
    > so well in my favor. I figured I'd have at least 20 new customers a
    > year if I'm lucky, but I'm no where near that amount.

    errrrr .. decent use of spelling, punctuation and grammar goes a long way to
    creating a feeling of professionalism, and is a basic pre-requisite for most
    business enterprises if they want to carry on, particularly those which
    demand a high degree of accuracy, such as those which deal with website
    names, addresses etc etc.

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Jan 19, 2004