    What am I doing wrong? Maybe I am confusing the term tab with
    something else.

    Thanks, Bob.
    Robby, Oct 29, 2006

  2. Robby wrote:
    > Hi! All. I am using Firefox 1.5.0.7 Usually when browsing I click on
    > the minimised button at the bottom where a number of visited page tabs
    > are there to select.
    >
    > Recently this is not always the case, sometimes a number of tabs and
    > sometimes only one are available. However when I shut down the prog I
    > get the message do i want to shut down three tabs (or whatever) but
    > these tabs are nowhere to be seen.
    >
    > Checked settings and seem ok, guess that if the settings were
    > incorrect I would either always get only one tab or multi tabs.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong? Maybe I am confusing the term tab with
    > something else.
    >
    > Thanks, Bob.

    You confuse me. The tab bar, by default appears as the lowest toolbar
    from the top of the page. Unless you you have used an extension to place
    the tab bar somewhere else, you are looking in the wrong place.

    Looking at the bottom would be the Windows Task Bar. You will see a
    list of open windows in applications. That is different then tabs in the
    same window.

    How do you close the program?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 29, 2006

  3. Robby

    Bucky Guest

    Robby wrote:
    > Recently this is not always the case, sometimes a number of tabs and
    > sometimes only one are available. However when I shut down the prog I
    > get the message do i want to shut down three tabs (or whatever) but
    > these tabs are nowhere to be seen.

    Your description is a little confusing, but I'll try my best to
    interpret it. When Firefox gives the warning when closing multiple
    tabs, it's referring to the Firefox tabs at the top of the screen. The
    "tabs" at the bottom of the screen are on the Windows Taskbar, which
    are really new *windows* of Firefox.
    Bucky, Oct 29, 2006
  4. Robby

    Robby Guest

    On 29 Oct 2006 00:13:52 -0700, "Bucky" <> wrote:

    >Robby wrote:
    >> Recently this is not always the case, sometimes a number of tabs and
    >> sometimes only one are available. However when I shut down the prog I
    >> get the message do i want to shut down three tabs (or whatever) but
    >> these tabs are nowhere to be seen.

    >Your description is a little confusing, but I'll try my best to
    >interpret it. When Firefox gives the warning when closing multiple
    >tabs, it's referring to the Firefox tabs at the top of the screen. The
    >"tabs" at the bottom of the screen are on the Windows Taskbar, which
    >are really new *windows* of Firefox.

    Many thanks and sorry for the confusion, but I did not have the tab
    bar at the top. By visiting this group today I noticed that there was
    a version 2. After installing it I now have that tool bar.

    Wondering why Firefox kept telling me (even this morning) that there
    were no updates.

    Best wishes,

    Bob.
    Robby, Oct 29, 2006
  5. Robby wrote:
    > On 29 Oct 2006 00:13:52 -0700, "Bucky" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Robby wrote:
    >>> Recently this is not always the case, sometimes a number of tabs and
    >>> sometimes only one are available. However when I shut down the prog I
    >>> get the message do i want to shut down three tabs (or whatever) but
    >>> these tabs are nowhere to be seen.

    >> Your description is a little confusing, but I'll try my best to
    >> interpret it. When Firefox gives the warning when closing multiple
    >> tabs, it's referring to the Firefox tabs at the top of the screen. The
    >> "tabs" at the bottom of the screen are on the Windows Taskbar, which
    >> are really new *windows* of Firefox.

    > Many thanks and sorry for the confusion, but I did not have the tab
    > bar at the top. By visiting this group today I noticed that there was
    > a version 2. After installing it I now have that tool bar.
    >
    > Wondering why Firefox kept telling me (even this morning) that there
    > were no updates.
    >
    > Best wishes,
    >
    > Bob.

    !.5.0.7 cannot handle major updates, only security releases within the
    same version. There will be a 1.5.0.8 security release release next
    week, which 1,5,0,7 will install. There is supposed to be an improved
    updater to handle the major update, but we will see how it works.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 29, 2006