    And I just plugged in, fired it up, and it's working.

    Nice when that happens, isn't it?

    Philip

    Philip, Dec 8, 2005

  2. Philip

    GraB Guest

    On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 15:14:33 +1300, Philip <>
    wrote:

    >Today I wnt to our other location to install the DSL modem I got free as
    >part of Orcon's unlimited 256/Kbit broadband deal.
    >
    >And it was one of those days.
    >
    >Orcon did what they said they would do, and it worked.
    >Telecom did what they said they would do on the day they said they would
    >do it, and it worked.
    >
    >And I just plugged in, fired it up, and it's working.
    >
    >Nice when that happens, isn't it?
    >
    >Philip

    You'll remember that day for a while.

    GraB, Dec 8, 2005

  3. Philip

    steve Guest

    Philip wrote:

    > And I just plugged in, fired it up, and it's working.
    >
    > Nice when that happens, isn't it?

    Yeah.....

    Some friends wanted me to help them install the USB-based ADSL modem and
    configure their PC.

    Very soon I worked out they had no userid or password from the ISP....so
    that was the first call.

    The second call was when the userid and password provided failed to
    login.....and it was found that it had been allocated, but had not been
    defined on the (probably radius) login server at the ISP end.

    Bit of lag-time after the "done right now" definition....and they were away
    and working and everything was fine.

    But without help they would have been utterly lost.....

    steve, Dec 8, 2005
  4. Philip

    smf Guest

    Philip wrote:
    > Today I wnt to our other location to install the DSL modem I got free as
    > part of Orcon's unlimited 256/Kbit broadband deal.
    >
    > And it was one of those days.
    >
    > Orcon did what they said they would do, and it worked.
    > Telecom did what they said they would do on the day they said they would
    > do it, and it worked.
    >
    > And I just plugged in, fired it up, and it's working.
    >
    > Nice when that happens, isn't it?
    >
    > Philip

    sad thing is ... its the exception to the rule ... enjoy the glow :)

    smf, Dec 8, 2005
  5. On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 15:14:33 +1300, Philip wrote:

    > Today I wnt to our other location to install the DSL modem I got free as
    > part of Orcon's unlimited 256/Kbit broadband deal.
    >
    > And it was one of those days.
    >
    > Orcon did what they said they would do, and it worked.
    > Telecom did what they said they would do on the day they said they would
    > do it, and it worked.
    >
    > And I just plugged in, fired it up, and it's working.
    >
    > Nice when that happens, isn't it?
    >
    > Philip

    Have you been billed yet ;-) ?

    wogers nemesis, Dec 8, 2005
  6. Philip

    Rider Guest

    "Philip" <> wrote in message
    > Today I wnt to our other location to install the DSL modem I got free as
    > part of Orcon's unlimited 256/Kbit broadband deal.
    >
    > And it was one of those days.
    >
    > Orcon did what they said they would do, and it worked.
    > Telecom did what they said they would do on the day they said they would
    > do it, and it worked.
    >
    > And I just plugged in, fired it up, and it's working.
    >
    > Nice when that happens, isn't it?
    >
    > Philip

    Show off

    :p