Sometimes Explorer vanishes along with the icons, but the icons come back

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Desdemona@Verona.com, Dec 6, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Windows explorer simply vanishes... if I have it up twice, both windows go
    away... only the wallpaper remains... then the icons come back... and other
    program windows such as Sonic if running...

    But I have to run explorer again...

    I think it seems to happen when grabbing and moving a large (>1G) video file...
    but I'm not sure...

    Any ideas?

    Win XP Pro SP2
    Core 2 Duo
    7600GT video
    24" digital monitor 1920x1200
    2G ram

    The machine usually runs great - and it comes back seeming OK...

    But it's a real pain!

    Thanks

    , Dec 6, 2007

  2. pcbutts1 Guest

    Download and run my Explorer shell fix tool
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/shellfix.zip

    pcbutts1, Dec 6, 2007