    My up/down speeds seem crap at the moment and testing at
    www.nzdsl.co.nz confirms it. It's at less than 120 both ways on a
    256/128 connection.
    canon paora, Oct 10, 2006

  2. canon paora

    steve Guest

    canon paora wrote:

    > My up/down speeds seem crap at the moment and testing at
    > www.nzdsl.co.nz confirms it. It's at less than 120 both ways on a
    > 256/128 connection.

    What are you downloading?

    They appear to throttle bit torrent traffic until sometime between 20:30 and
    21:00......or maybe that is just when the traffic starts to ease off after
    the peak of the peak hours.
    steve, Oct 11, 2006

  3. canon paora

    canon paora Guest

    steve wrote:
    > canon paora wrote:
    >
    > > My up/down speeds seem crap at the moment and testing at
    > > www.nzdsl.co.nz confirms it. It's at less than 120 both ways on a
    > > 256/128 connection.

    > What are you downloading?
    >
    > They appear to throttle bit torrent traffic until sometime between 20:30 and
    > 21:00......or maybe that is just when the traffic starts to ease off after
    > the peak of the peak hours.

    What about the testing I did at the nzdsl site, do they throttle that
    as well? It seems pointless paying for an unlimited account if they're
    gonna throttle usage. Testing is all over the place - it's inconsistent
    and so are my torrent speeds.
    canon paora, Oct 11, 2006
  4. canon paora

    RayC Guest

    Stay away from paradise.net then.

    Things are fine here, sick of bitching from people who have
    made the wrong choices.

    Moan moan moan moan you will not change them except from
    deserting in enough quantities to effect their bottom line.

    Although IHUG newsmaster really pissed me off a few years back
    and i have taken 15 customers to paradise so far ,and counting up.

    RayC, Oct 11, 2006
  5. canon paora

    canon paora Guest

    RayC wrote:
    > Stay away from paradise.net then.
    >
    > Things are fine here, sick of bitching from people who have
    > made the wrong choices.
    >
    > Moan moan moan moan you will not change them except from
    > deserting in enough quantities to effect their bottom line.
    >
    > Although IHUG newsmaster really pissed me off a few years back
    > and i have taken 15 customers to paradise so far ,and counting up.

    So what are you saying? Is it relevant?
    canon paora, Oct 11, 2006
  6. canon paora

    steve Guest

    canon paora wrote:

    > steve wrote:
    >> canon paora wrote:
    >>
    >> > My up/down speeds seem crap at the moment and testing at
    >> > www.nzdsl.co.nz confirms it. It's at less than 120 both ways on a
    >> > 256/128 connection.

    >> What are you downloading?
    >>
    >> They appear to throttle bit torrent traffic until sometime between 20:30
    >> and 21:00......or maybe that is just when the traffic starts to ease off
    >> after the peak of the peak hours.

    > What about the testing I did at the nzdsl site, do they throttle that
    > as well? It seems pointless paying for an unlimited account if they're
    > gonna throttle usage. Testing is all over the place - it's inconsistent
    > and so are my torrent speeds.

    We're on a shared network. Traffic peaks and troughs....

    I find it I download between 21:00 and 10:00 that I can get throughput up to
    the maximum rated speeds for my connection (3.5 mbps).

    If I try to download something between 15:00 (kids out of school) and 21:00,
    then my throughput can be very slow.....or merely sluggish.

    But http traffic goes fine and I rarely have to wait....so that suggests
    traffic shaping of some sort somewhere in the near network I access.
    steve, Oct 12, 2006