    Has anybody seen something similar before? I would like to get rid of the
    problem without having to reformat/reinstall.
    Thank you for your advice.
    PapaBear, Oct 7, 2003

  2. PapaBear

    Lord Shaolin Guest

    "PapaBear" <> wrote in message
    news:EmAgb.25027$...
    > Some program on my computer takes over the mouse, takes it to the edges of
    > the screen and clicks it madly, tiling windows, opening programs etc. I

    run
    > W2K Pro and I have installed both ZoneAlarm and Norton Internet Security
    > after the problem began - so now the program must reside on my local

    drive.
    > To stop the mouse mischief, I do a Ctrl-Alt-Del which most often, but not
    > always stops the mouse. I see no unusual processes running, so the mouse
    > process must be hiding somehow. I checked registry and cannot see any
    > unusual programs under RunOnce or Run. I also have Norton Antivirus with

    up
    > to date virus definitions and nothing is detected.
    > Has anybody seen something similar before? I would like to get rid of the
    > problem without having to reformat/reinstall.
    > Thank you for your advice.

    Heh

    I had this exact problem before.

    With a Microsoft Optical Intellimouse

    That's what happens when the circuits start to go.

    I chucked it and bought a Logitech MX700.

    Try swapping your mouse and see if it goes away.

    Also if you want to scan your machine with:

    a) Ad-Aware
    b) Spybot Search and Destroy
    c) TDS-3
    d) Online AV scanners (http://www.udsl.com/security_links.php)

    HTH

    --

    -+ Shaolin +-
    Discard what is useless, absorb what is not and

    .: http://www.security-forums.com :.
    Lord Shaolin, Oct 7, 2003

  3. PapaBear

    Robin T Cox Guest

    "PapaBear" <> wrote in

    > Some program on my computer takes over the mouse, takes it to the
    > edges of the screen and clicks it madly, tiling windows, opening
    > programs etc.

    So the task is to find out which program is causing this? If so, have you
    used HijackThis:

    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    There's a do-it-yourself tutorial here:
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/htlogtutorial.html

    And you can get further help by posting your log to one of the following
    support forums:
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
    http://www.net-integration.net/forums.html
    http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/
    Robin T Cox, Oct 7, 2003
  4. PapaBear

    PapaBear Guest

    Re: Something (Trojan?) Takes Over Mouse - Mouse Was Probably Bad

    Changed mouse, so far so good.
    I will use the software tools just to be sure.
    Thanks very much.

    PapaBear, Oct 7, 2003