Something to keep eddie amused

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by kpg, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. kpg

    kpg Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. kpg

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.pangloss.com/seidel/Shaker/

    I clicked about 10 times, and no "Get thee to a nunnery!". I'm disappointed.
    Such a good insult.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Apr 6, 2004

  3. kpg

    kpg Guest

    "Get thee to a nunnery!" is not a insult, is it?

    Hamlet was offering his girl some solid advice.

    kpg, Apr 6, 2004
  4. kpg

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > "Get thee to a nunnery!" is not a insult, is it?

    Interpretation is the key...the way I took it was as advice, but he couldn't
    resist the opportunity to insult. He was calling her a whore, while at the
    same time offering his advice to her.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Apr 6, 2004
  5. kpg

    kpg Guest

    Ah, yes. The context must be consdered.

    I defer.

    kpg, Apr 6, 2004
  6. kpg

    eddierox Guest

    YEAH THANKS, BUT THAT'S OLD NEWS.
    THAT DIDN'T EVEN FLY AMONGST THE TORMENTED.
    SURELY YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT ESPECIALLY WITH ALL
    THAT WE'VE BEEN THROUGH.

    C'MON GET SOME TOILET PAPER...
    ....WELL YOU KNOW THE REST...

    ***YAWN***

    eddierox, Apr 6, 2004
  7. The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 6, 2004