    when they are not,Tried the drives in another pc and they work fine
    any ideas.
    , Jan 23, 2009

  2. - Bobb - Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    >
    > I wonder if someone has seen this problem before I have two dvd drives
    > on my pc one is a writer, Ovenight the two of them don't read CD RW,s
    > or DVD RW,s all I get from them is that they are a blank disc even
    > when they are not,Tried the drives in another pc and they work fine
    > any ideas.

    What happens when you try to write / format one of these " blank" disks ?
    What does Event log show ?
    - Bobb -, Jan 23, 2009

  3. Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:52:37 -0500, "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123>
    wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I wonder if someone has seen this problem before I have two dvd drives
    >> on my pc one is a writer, Ovenight the two of them don't read CD RW,s
    >> or DVD RW,s all I get from them is that they are a blank disc even
    >> when they are not,Tried the drives in another pc and they work fine
    >> any ideas.

    >What happens when you try to write / format one of these " blank" disks ?
    >What does Event log show ?

    Well I can format the disc and even write to it but and it does as I
    have read them on another pc but when you put it back in the drive it
    says it blank I know it's not the drives got to be a pc problem.
    , Jan 23, 2009
  4. Baron Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I wonder if someone has seen this problem before I have two dvd drives
    > on my pc one is a writer, Ovenight the two of them don't read CD RW,s
    > or DVD RW,s all I get from them is that they are a blank disc even
    > when they are not,Tried the drives in another pc and they work fine
    > any ideas.

    A virus can cause this behaviour.

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    Baron, Jan 23, 2009
  5. Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 22:04:33 +0000, Baron
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I wonder if someone has seen this problem before I have two dvd drives
    >> on my pc one is a writer, Ovenight the two of them don't read CD RW,s
    >> or DVD RW,s all I get from them is that they are a blank disc even
    >> when they are not,Tried the drives in another pc and they work fine
    >> any ideas.

    >A virus can cause this behaviour.

    Yes but I've scanned the system for that and spyware but nothing shows
    up must be something to do with windows it's self.
    , Jan 23, 2009
  6. - Bobb - Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:52:37 -0500, "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123>
    > wrote:
    >

    >><> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> I wonder if someone has seen this problem before I have two dvd drives
    >>> on my pc one is a writer, Ovenight the two of them don't read CD RW,s
    >>> or DVD RW,s all I get from them is that they are a blank disc even
    >>> when they are not,Tried the drives in another pc and they work fine
    >>> any ideas.

    >>What happens when you try to write / format one of these " blank" disks ?
    >>What does Event log show ?
    >>

    > Well I can format the disc and even write to it but and it does as I
    > have read them on another pc but when you put it back in the drive it
    > says it blank I know it's not the drives got to be a pc problem.

    Forget homemades - can you listen to an audio Cd ? Do a directory of a
    store-bought ?
    (Just to see that it can read SOMETHING )

    If so, then I'd check the writing app - finalizing CD's ? ( Same app on "the
    other PC' ?)
    - Bobb -, Jan 23, 2009
  7. - Bobb - Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 22:04:33 +0000, Baron
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> I wonder if someone has seen this problem before I have two dvd drives
    >>> on my pc one is a writer, Ovenight the two of them don't read CD RW,s
    >>> or DVD RW,s all I get from them is that they are a blank disc even
    >>> when they are not,Tried the drives in another pc and they work fine
    >>> any ideas.

    >>A virus can cause this behaviour.

    > Yes but I've scanned the system for that and spyware but nothing shows
    > up must be something to do with windows itself.

    Does event log show any error when you try to read ?
    - Bobb -, Jan 23, 2009
  8. Neil Green Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I wonder if someone has seen this problem before I
    > have two dvd drives
    > on my pc one is a writer, Ovenight the two of them
    > don't read CD RW,s
    > or DVD RW,s all I get from them is that they are a
    > blank disc even
    > when they are not,Tried the drives in another pc and
    > they work fine
    > any ideas.

    If you're using XP do a system restore.
    Neil Green, Jan 24, 2009
  9. Ragnar Guest

    "Neil Green" <> wrote in message

    > If you're using XP do a system restore.

    I agree with that advice, because it's quick but reversible if it doesn't
    cure the problem. If it fails to solve it then I would suspect hardware
    issues.
    R.
    Ragnar, Jan 24, 2009
  10. Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 10:16:44 -0000, "Ragnar" <>
    wrote:

    >"Neil Green" <> wrote in message
    >

    >> If you're using XP do a system restore.

    >I agree with that advice, because it's quick but reversible if it doesn't
    >cure the problem. If it fails to solve it then I would suspect hardware
    >issues.
    >R.

    Thanks guys for all your comments the system restore did not work but
    fixed the problem by instalingl XP over it's self which fixed the
    problem thanks again.
    , Jan 24, 2009