    this is crazy. I had the windows open and a fan going. This shouldn't of
    happened. But it did.
    Mark_

    mark_digital, Nov 1, 2003

  2. mark_digital

    Berringer Guest

    You used way too high a concentration of clorine for indoor use. Should of
    been about 1% solution.

    "mark_digital" <> wrote in message
    > I wet mopped the kitchen's hardwood floor a couple of weeks ago. I was
    > trying to lighten the wood so I used some (actually a lot) liquid pool

    shock
    > (12% chlorine versus 3%-5% for normal chlorine bleach).
    >
    > Later I discovered my rechargeable batteries' outer casings deteriorated
    > somewhat near the positive ends. Three other sets of batteries I keep in
    > another part of the house weren't effected.
    >
    > I didn't make the connection at first but then I noticed small areas near
    > the fridge handle had chipped and corroded like overnight! C'mon, I

    thought,

    Berringer, Nov 1, 2003

  3. mark_digital

    ERich10983 Guest

    > I was
    >trying to lighten the wood so I used some (actually a lot) liquid pool shock
    >(12% chlorine versus 3%-5% for normal chlorine bleach).
    >
    >Later I discovered my rechargeable batteries' outer casings deteriorated
    >somewhat near the positive ends. Three other sets of batteries I keep in
    >another part of the house weren't effected.

    This information about the corrosive abilities of chlorine is pretty common
    knowledge for machinists and woodworkers. Keeping this chemical, even in
    closed containers is notorious for creating a brown stain on exposed, clean
    metal surfaces. Another chemical that will do this is ferric chloride, used to
    etch circuit boards.

    We are pretty careful about keeping stuff like this out of our shops. It's
    easy to overlook though.

    Earle Rich
    Mont Vernon, NH

    ERich10983, Nov 1, 2003
  4. "mark_digital" <> wrote:
    > I wet mopped the kitchen's hardwood floor a couple of weeks ago. I was
    > trying to lighten the wood so I used some (actually a lot) liquid pool shock
    > (12% chlorine versus 3%-5% for normal chlorine bleach).
    >
    > Later I discovered my rechargeable batteries' outer casings deteriorated
    > somewhat near the positive ends. Three other sets of batteries I keep in
    > another part of the house weren't effected.
    >
    > I didn't make the connection at first but then I noticed small areas near
    > the fridge handle had chipped and corroded like overnight! C'mon, I thought,
    > this is crazy. I had the windows open and a fan going. This shouldn't of
    > happened. But it did.

    Why do you think they used chlorine as a war gas? Baaaaadddd stuff.
    --
    Judson McClendon (remove zero)
    Sun Valley Systems http://sunvaley.com

    Judson McClendon, Nov 1, 2003
  5. mark_digital

    George Kerby Guest

    On 11/1/03 6:42 AM, in article ATNob.12544$,
    "Berringer" <> wrote:

    > You used way too high a concentration of clorine for indoor use. Should of
    > been about 1% solution.

    > "mark_digital" <> wrote in message
    >> I wet mopped the kitchen's hardwood floor a couple of weeks ago. I was
    >> trying to lighten the wood so I used some (actually a lot) liquid pool

    > shock
    >> (12% chlorine versus 3%-5% for normal chlorine bleach).
    >>
    >> Later I discovered my rechargeable batteries' outer casings deteriorated
    >> somewhat near the positive ends. Three other sets of batteries I keep in
    >> another part of the house weren't effected.
    >>
    >> I didn't make the connection at first but then I noticed small areas near
    >> the fridge handle had chipped and corroded like overnight! C'mon, I

    > thought,
    >> this is crazy. I had the windows open and a fan going. This shouldn't of
    >> happened. But it did.
    >> Mark_

    I'm surprised that his lungs still work. What an idiot!

    George Kerby, Nov 1, 2003
  6. mark_digital

    George Kerby Guest

    On 11/1/03 8:59 AM, in article 20031101100009.551$,
    "Judson McClendon" <> wrote:

    > "mark_digital" <> wrote:
    >> I wet mopped the kitchen's hardwood floor a couple of weeks ago. I was
    >> trying to lighten the wood so I used some (actually a lot) liquid pool shock
    >> (12% chlorine versus 3%-5% for normal chlorine bleach).
    >>
    >> Later I discovered my rechargeable batteries' outer casings deteriorated
    >> somewhat near the positive ends. Three other sets of batteries I keep in
    >> another part of the house weren't effected.
    >>
    >> I didn't make the connection at first but then I noticed small areas near
    >> the fridge handle had chipped and corroded like overnight! C'mon, I thought,
    >> this is crazy. I had the windows open and a fan going. This shouldn't of
    >> happened. But it did.

    > Why do you think they used chlorine as a war gas? Baaaaadddd stuff.

    The only thing he did do right was not mix household ammonia with his
    concoction. That would have sent him to the ER, if not worse...

    George Kerby, Nov 1, 2003
  7. mark_digital

    mrk_digital Guest

    "George Kerby" <> wrote in message
    | On 11/1/03 6:42 AM, in article ATNob.12544$,
    | >

    | I'm surprised that his lungs still work. What an idiot!

    I mixed 5 gallons of water to 1 quart of shock. My sense of smell didn't return
    for about three days.
    I won't do it again but I must say the floor looks great.
    Mark_

    mrk_digital, Nov 1, 2003
  8. In article <>,
    "mark_digital" <> wrote:

    > I wet mopped the kitchen's hardwood floor a couple of weeks ago. I was
    > trying to lighten the wood so I used some (actually a lot) liquid pool shock
    > (12% chlorine versus 3%-5% for normal chlorine bleach).
    >
    > Later I discovered my rechargeable batteries' outer casings deteriorated
    > somewhat near the positive ends. Three other sets of batteries I keep in
    > another part of the house weren't effected.
    >
    > I didn't make the connection at first but then I noticed small areas near
    > the fridge handle had chipped and corroded like overnight! C'mon, I thought,
    > this is crazy. I had the windows open and a fan going. This shouldn't of
    > happened. But it did.
    > Mark_

    Yep, chlorine gas can combust many metals at normal atmospheric
    temperature and pressure. It's good at destroying human flesh too. Got
    septic shock from your rotting lungs yet?

    Kevin McMurtrie, Nov 1, 2003
  9. mark_digital

    George Kerby Guest

    On 11/1/03 3:32 PM, in article ,
    "mrk_digital" <XXX-RIR.Comcast.com> wrote:

    > "George Kerby" <> wrote in message
    > | On 11/1/03 6:42 AM, in article ATNob.12544$,
    > | >

    > | I'm surprised that his lungs still work. What an idiot!
    >
    > I mixed 5 gallons of water to 1 quart of shock. My sense of smell didn't
    > return
    > for about three days.
    > I won't do it again but I must say the floor looks great.
    > Mark_

    I'm glad you didn't get a lung infection and are still with us. I learned to
    wear my SCUBA air tank and mask whenever I blast my moldy/mildewed shower
    with just chlorox (only 5% sodium hypochloride). Chlorine is a VERY reactive
    element and should be used carefully. I'm sure you're proud of your floor
    but I wouldn't recommend your method to Bob Vila. ;-)

    George Kerby, Nov 1, 2003
  10. mark_digital

    BLueCoBra Guest

    "Kevin McMurtrie" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > "mark_digital" <> wrote:
    >
    > > I wet mopped the kitchen's hardwood floor a couple of weeks ago. I was
    > > trying to lighten the wood so I used some (actually a lot) liquid pool

    shock
    > > (12% chlorine versus 3%-5% for normal chlorine bleach).
    > >
    > > Later I discovered my rechargeable batteries' outer casings deteriorated
    > > somewhat near the positive ends. Three other sets of batteries I keep

    in
    > > another part of the house weren't effected.
    > >
    > > I didn't make the connection at first but then I noticed small areas

    near
    > > the fridge handle had chipped and corroded like overnight! C'mon, I

    thought,
    > > this is crazy. I had the windows open and a fan going. This shouldn't of
    > > happened. But it did.
    > > Mark_
    > >

    > Yep, chlorine gas can combust many metals at normal atmospheric
    > temperature and pressure. It's good at destroying human flesh too. Got
    > septic shock from your rotting lungs yet?

    I nominate him for a Darwin Award if he knocks off. Should place in the top
    20 somewhere

    BLueCoBra, Nov 1, 2003
  11. mark_digital

    bn Guest

    mark_digital wrote:

    > I wet mopped the kitchen's hardwood floor a couple of weeks ago.

    You stupid moron.

    > I was
    > trying to lighten the wood so I used some (actually a lot) liquid pool shock
    > (12% chlorine versus 3%-5% for normal chlorine bleach).

    Wow, hold on a minute, stupid moron is someone who would use water on a hardwood
    floor, you used bleach. I can't even use the words to describe what you
    are.

    > I didn't make the connection at first but then I noticed small areas near
    > the fridge handle had chipped and corroded like overnight! C'mon, I thought,
    > this is crazy. I had the windows open and a fan going. This shouldn't of
    > happened. But it did.
    > Mark_

    How is it stupid people can afford to live in places that have hardwood
    floors? Where does the income come from? Must be an illegal alien, they
    get everything for free in this country.

    bn, Nov 2, 2003
  12. mark_digital

    Crownfield Guest

    George Kerby wrote:

    > On 11/1/03 8:59 AM, in article 20031101100009.551$,
    > "Judson McClendon" <> wrote:
    >
    > > "mark_digital" <> wrote:
    > >> I wet mopped the kitchen's hardwood floor a couple of weeks ago. I was
    > >> trying to lighten the wood so I used some (actually a lot) liquid pool shock
    > >> (12% chlorine versus 3%-5% for normal chlorine bleach).
    > >>
    > >> Later I discovered my rechargeable batteries' outer casings deteriorated
    > >> somewhat near the positive ends. Three other sets of batteries I keep in
    > >> another part of the house weren't effected.
    > >>
    > >> I didn't make the connection at first but then I noticed small areas near
    > >> the fridge handle had chipped and corroded like overnight! C'mon, I thought,
    > >> this is crazy. I had the windows open and a fan going. This shouldn't of
    > >> happened. But it did.

    > > Why do you think they used chlorine as a war gas? Baaaaadddd stuff.

    > The only thing he did do right was not mix household ammonia with his
    > concoction.

    that would have produced water,
    and ammonium chloride, called sal ammoniac.

    unless you produced enough water to drown, not a problem.

    Crownfield, Nov 2, 2003
  13. mark_digital

    Peter Booth Guest

    Hi Guys, This is very slightly related to the is topic . We didn't use our
    pool last summer and have decided that we will use it this year so I started
    the cleaning which involved the removal of all the crap from the pool cover
    .. As I was almost finished I got a hell of a shock as there was a large
    frog that had taken up residence and he or she jumped into the pool as they
    were obviously more scared of me than I was, I just jumped up into the air.
    My problem is how do I get the frog out without killing it with chlorine or
    some other pool cleaner ? I cant see anything in the pool as it is a dark
    green solid colour. I need to clarify the pool water soI can fish it out and

    Peter Booth, Nov 2, 2003
  14. mark_digital

    Charlie Self Guest

    bn blathers:

    >> I was
    >> trying to lighten the wood so I used some (actually a lot) liquid pool

    >shock
    >> (12% chlorine versus 3%-5% for normal chlorine bleach).

    >Wow, hold on a minute, stupid moron is someone who would use water on a
    >hardwood
    >floor, you used bleach. I can't even use the words to describe what you
    >are.

    How do you think woodworkers lighten wood? Chlorine bleach is one accepted
    method. Oxalic acid is another. Both require water. Properly done, neither
    harms the wood.

    >How is it stupid people can afford to live in places that have hardwood
    >floors

    How is it people too stupid to realize they don't know EVERYTHING feel they
    have a right to criticize others for momentary lapses?

    Charlie Self
    "Politics: A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The
    conduct of public affairs for private advantage. " Ambrose Bierce

    Charlie Self, Nov 2, 2003
  15. mark_digital

    Donald Gray Guest

    On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 02:14:17 GMT, bn <> wrote:

    []
    >..... Must be an illegal alien, they
    >get everything for free in this country.

    Geee - I thought it was only in the UK that IAs get it for free!
    Aint Internet wonderful - you learn summat new every day!

    --
    Donald Gray
    www.odcombe.demon.co.uk

    Donald Gray, Nov 2, 2003
  16. mark_digital

    Donald Gray Guest

    On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 16:58:02 +1300, "Peter Booth" <>
    wrote:

    []
    >My problem is how do I get the frog out without killing it with chlorine or
    >some other pool cleaner ? I cant see anything in the pool as it is a dark
    >green solid colour. I need to clarify the pool water soI can fish it out and
    >put it back into the creek??

    []
    I had exactly the same experience when I moved in to a section in
    Langholm (Western Suburbs, Auckland)

    It was like a thick green pea soup. All sorts of livestock.
    Fortunately the pool was on a hill. I drained the pool. fished out the
    livestock whilst still an inch of water. Threw in a load of bleach and
    scrubbed the whole thing down. Hosed the resulting sludge and drained
    it again. No problems.....(With the pool, that is.... Took a while for
    the septic tank to digest stuff after an overdose of bleach!)

    kia Ora from the UK

    --
    Donald Gray
    www.odcombe.demon.co.uk

    Donald Gray, Nov 2, 2003
  17. mark_digital

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Crownfield <> wrote:
    >George Kerby wrote:
    >> The only thing he did do right was not mix household ammonia with his
    >> concoction.

    >that would have produced water,
    >and ammonium chloride, called sal ammoniac.

    It produces chloramine gas which has the characterstic of being
    deadly.

    >unless you produced enough water to drown, not a problem.

    Hopefuly nobody will die as the result of your misinformation.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Nov 2, 2003
  18. mark_digital

    George Kerby Guest

    On 11/1/03 9:50 PM, in article , "Crownfield"
    <> wrote:

    > George Kerby wrote:
    >>
    >> On 11/1/03 8:59 AM, in article 20031101100009.551$,

    >>> Why do you think they used chlorine as a war gas? Baaaaadddd stuff.

    >> The only thing he did do right was not mix household ammonia with his
    >> concoction.

    > that would have produced water,
    > and ammonium chloride, called sal ammoniac.
    >
    > unless you produced enough water to drown, not a problem.
    >

    >> That would have sent him to the ER, if not worse...

    >> <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source
    >> <><><><><><><><>

    You are a fucking misinformed idiot:
    http://environment.about.com/cs/healt1/a/toxichouse.htm?iam=sherlock_abc

    George Kerby, Nov 2, 2003
  19. mark_digital

    George Kerby Guest

    On 11/2/03 9:17 AM, in article bo376n$cme$, "Ray Fischer"
    <> wrote:

    > Crownfield <> wrote:
    >> George Kerby wrote:
    >>> The only thing he did do right was not mix household ammonia with his
    >>> concoction.

    >> that would have produced water,
    >> and ammonium chloride, called sal ammoniac.

    > It produces chloramine gas which has the characterstic of being
    > deadly.
    >
    >> unless you produced enough water to drown, not a problem.

    > Hopefuly nobody will die as the result of your misinformation.

    People here are so full of shit it's unbelievable.

    George Kerby, Nov 2, 2003
  20. On 11/1/03 9:50 PM, in article , "Crownfield"
    <> wrote:

    > George Kerby wrote:
    >>
    >> On 11/1/03 8:59 AM, in article 20031101100009.551$,

    >>> Why do you think they used chlorine as a war gas? Baaaaadddd stuff.

    >> The only thing he did do right was not mix household ammonia with his
    >> concoction.

    > that would have produced water,
    > and ammonium chloride, called sal ammoniac.

    Is he related to sal monella?

    cultural neanderthal, Nov 2, 2003