    I could always delete them and replace with the original groups, but why
    would this happen?
    Very odd.
    geopelia, Jun 14, 2013

  2. geopelia

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs geopelia wrote:
    > A post I tried to reply to in another newsgroup showed it was sent to
    > certain newsgroups.
    > But when I clicked Reply Group, other different groups were shown.
    >
    > I could always delete them and replace with the original groups, but
    > why would this happen?
    > Very odd.

    Hi Geo,

    That usually happens because some devious person has set the 'reply to'
    field in the message to a different group than the group the post sent to.
    (There are a few settings like this that most of us never bother with or
    don't even know exist - You're doing the right thing in my opinion.)

    Best,
    --
    /Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
    ~misfit~, Jun 14, 2013

  3. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs geopelia wrote:
    >> A post I tried to reply to in another newsgroup showed it was sent to
    >> certain newsgroups.
    >> But when I clicked Reply Group, other different groups were shown.
    >>
    >> I could always delete them and replace with the original groups, but
    >> why would this happen?
    >> Very odd.

    > Hi Geo,
    >
    > That usually happens because some devious person has set the 'reply to'
    > field in the message to a different group than the group the post sent to.
    > (There are a few settings like this that most of us never bother with or
    > don't even know exist - You're doing the right thing in my opinion.)

    Thank you.
    I usually cut out all the groups in my reply except the one I am using.
    I get an error message if there are too many groups.

    Some people post to very odd groups! Good for a laugh sometimes though.
    geopelia, Jun 14, 2013