    please post here.
    thanks.

    dan
    Dan Miller, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Dan Miller

    Boomer.. Guest

    Dan Miller said:

    > I always have my start page set to Yahoo.com.
    >
    > For some reason, it keeps changing to:
    > http://global-finder.com/
    >
    > does anyone know why?
    >
    > please post here.
    > thanks.
    >
    > dan

    Install and (run at least) the first two programs here.

    Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans, hijackers and
    security/privacy issues.
    http://security.kolla.de/

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    Spyware Blaster

    Info on above and more.

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    --Unsolicited commercial software list and info--
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    --Other software--
    http://www.wilders.org/
    Boomer.., Sep 2, 2003

  3. Dan Miller

    CJ Guest

    Hi,

    if I run and install Ad-aware & SpybotSD as you suggested to the other poster will they
    run without any problems with PC-cillin AV/Firewall sotware?

    Thanks in advance,

    CJ

    CJ, Sep 2, 2003
  4. Dan Miller

    Boomer.. Guest

    CJ wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > if I run and install Ad-aware & SpybotSD as you suggested to the
    > other poster will they run without any problems with PC-cillin
    > AV/Firewall sotware?

    Have you tried them? How would I know? I could make a guess... pick one...

    Yes
    No
    Maybe

    **** off in advance.
    Boomer.., Sep 2, 2003
  5. Dan Miller

    Boomer.. Guest

    CJ said:

    > Hi,
    >
    > if I run and install Ad-aware & SpybotSD as you suggested to the
    > other poster will they run without any problems with PC-cillin
    > AV/Firewall sotware?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > CJ

    *I've* never had any problems with antivirus or firewall running.
    But you could turn yours off while running the programs. They you
    will be sure there won't be any conflicts. :)

    Boomer.., Sep 2, 2003
  6. Dan Miller

    Boomer.. Guest

    Boomer.. said: