Something in my Reg. Can you help me?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Lynn Ward, Jun 13, 2004.

  1. Lynn Ward

    Lynn Ward Guest

    Have just installed the new Adware build (Ver. 6 Build 181) and I was
    truly amazed at the difference between 5 & 6. The new one picked up on
    several things the other one hadn't. In any case, below is one of the
    things it picked up on. It concerned me a bit, and it looks like I
    might do some damage if I removed it.

    Please help....
    Lynn

    Vendor:Windows
    Category:Vulnerability
    Object Type:RegData
    Size:-
    Location:regfile\shell\open\command "" ()
    Last Activity:6-11-2004
    Risk LevelLow
    Comment:possible virus infection, REG file extension compromised
    compromised.

    To email, send to lynnward at earthlink dot net

    Lynn Ward, Jun 13, 2004

  2. Lynn Ward

    °Mike° Guest

    The "regfile\shell\open\command" entry should be:

    regedit.exe "%1"

    Open your registry editor, export JUST the "regfile"
    key (this will include all of it's subkeys) to a text file,
    and post the contents here. It will be under:

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
    +regfile

    On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 04:16:44 GMT, in
    <>
    Lynn Ward scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 13, 2004

  3. Lynn Ward

    Lynn Ward Guest

    On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 05:23:27 +0100, °Mike° <>
    wrote:

    >The "regfile\shell\open\command" entry should be:
    >
    >regedit.exe "%1"
    >
    >Open your registry editor, export JUST the "regfile"
    >key (this will include all of it's subkeys) to a text file,
    >and post the contents here. It will be under:
    >
    >HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
    > +regfile

    Thanks so much.
    Lynn
    To email, send to lynnward at earthlink dot net

    Lynn Ward, Jun 15, 2004
  4. Lynn Ward

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 03:14:40 GMT, in
    <>
    Lynn Ward scrawled:

    >On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 05:23:27 +0100, °Mike° <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>The "regfile\shell\open\command" entry should be:
    >>
    >>regedit.exe "%1"
    >>
    >>Open your registry editor, export JUST the "regfile"
    >>key (this will include all of it's subkeys) to a text file,
    >>and post the contents here. It will be under:
    >>
    >>HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
    >> +regfile
    >>

    >Thanks so much.

    You're welcome.