    Tried Cable Modem and ADSL optimizer but still the same.

    Any idea where to look?

    TIA

    192.168.0.1, Mar 20, 2006

  2. 192.168.0.1

    Todd H. Guest

    "192.168.0.1" <> writes:

    > On 1 hdd i have d/loads with 1.200 mb/s
    > On that hdd I have a firewall and kaspersky AV
    > Initially was also fast with both.
    > Later on I have put Tor and Privoxy but I doubt that is the problem.

    You may know this, but if you are testing the download speed while tor
    is activated, it is undoubedly the problem. Tor gives a huge speed
    penalty.

    > on second hdd still the same speed, nice 1.2 Mb/s
    >
    > Any idea where to look for.
    >
    > Modem is d/loading nothing, slow speed is not than, when I activate
    > Privoxy!

    Are you saying that your downloads are fast without privoxy and tor,
    but they are slow with privoxy and tor?

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

    Todd H., Mar 20, 2006

  3. 192.168.0.1

    192.168.0.1 Guest

    Todd H. wrote:
    > "192.168.0.1" <> writes:
    >
    >> On 1 hdd i have d/loads with 1.200 mb/s
    >> On that hdd I have a firewall and kaspersky AV
    >> Initially was also fast with both.
    >> Later on I have put Tor and Privoxy but I doubt that is the problem.

    > You may know this, but if you are testing the download speed while tor
    > is activated, it is undoubedly the problem. Tor gives a huge speed
    > penalty.

    Of course Tor makes d/loads slower. I'm talking about slowing down
    WITHOUT Tor!

    >> on second hdd still the same speed, nice 1.2 Mb/s
    >>
    >> Any idea where to look for.
    >>
    >> Modem is d/loading nothing, slow speed is not than, when I activate
    >> Privoxy!

    > Are you saying that your downloads are fast without privoxy and tor,
    > but they are slow with privoxy and tor?

    Precisely!

    Of course I had a reason to put Tor on my machine. I had observed few
    times some weird activities on line like some uploads to my computer.

    I'm not sure what it was but I have received 100 MB of something I can't
    locate.

    Clean start from THAT hdd and d/loads are not higher than 250 (No Thor!)

    Starting on second hdd, d/loads are 1200.

    I'm suspecting some attacks on my machine and Tiny Personal firewall
    can't help there.

    Help!

    Of course I can put second hdd in charge and format that one, but I
    would like to find the problem than risk and get into problem again!

    Thanks...

    192.168.0.1, Mar 20, 2006
  4. 192.168.0.1

    donnie Guest

    On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:34:41 +0800, "192.168.0.1"
    <> wrote:

    >Tried Cable Modem and ADSL optimizer but still the same.
    >
    >Any idea where to look?
    >
    >TIA

    ###########################
    Which optimizer program did you use? I used TCPOptimizer from
    speedguide.com. It did the trick.

    donnie, Mar 21, 2006
  5. 192.168.0.1

    192.168.0.1 Guest

    donnie wrote:
    > On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:34:41 +0800, "192.168.0.1"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Tried Cable Modem and ADSL optimizer but still the same.
    >>
    >> Any idea where to look?
    >>
    >> TIA

    > ###########################
    > Which optimizer program did you use? I used TCPOptimizer from
    > speedguide.com. It did the trick.

    You are da man!

    Worked!

    Many thanks!!!

    :)

    192.168.0.1, Mar 21, 2006
  6. 192.168.0.1

    donnie Guest

    On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 09:02:40 +0800, "192.168.0.1"
    <> wrote:

    >donnie wrote:
    >> On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:34:41 +0800, "192.168.0.1"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Tried Cable Modem and ADSL optimizer but still the same.
    >>>
    >>> Any idea where to look?
    >>>
    >>> TIA

    >> Which optimizer program did you use? I used TCPOptimizer from
    >> speedguide.com. It did the trick.

    >You are da man!
    >
    >Worked!
    >

    >Many thanks!!!