    icon. Still using the IE icon. Earlier versions of FF would change those
    icons once it was set to be the default browser. Is this the same for
    everyone?
    History Fan, Jan 14, 2006

  2. History Fan wrote:
    > I noticed a very minor 'glitch?' with Firefox and wanted to ask about
    > it.
    >
    > I'm using FF 1.5 on my XP Home SP2 computer, and I recently set FF to
    > be the default browser. After doing so, I clicked the Start button,
    > Favorites Menu, and noticed that the listings there didn't have the Firefox
    > icon. Still using the IE icon. Earlier versions of FF would change those
    > icons once it was set to be the default browser. Is this the same for
    > everyone?

    No, its a system icon cache problem, most likely.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 15, 2006

  3. History Fan

    Aido Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > History Fan wrote:
    >
    >> I noticed a very minor 'glitch?' with Firefox and wanted to ask
    >> about it.
    >>
    >> I'm using FF 1.5 on my XP Home SP2 computer, and I recently set
    >> FF to be the default browser. After doing so, I clicked the Start
    >> button, Favorites Menu, and noticed that the listings there didn't
    >> have the Firefox icon. Still using the IE icon. Earlier versions of
    >> FF would change those icons once it was set to be the default
    >> browser. Is this the same for everyone?
    >>

    > No, its a system icon cache problem, most likely.
    >
    > Lee

    Mine is doing the same for some icons but not others.
    Beside the Start button I have Quick Launch Buttons, Even though all the
    Internet shortcut buttons are from FF, Some have an IE icon.

    Aido. :)>
    Aido, Jan 15, 2006
  4. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    > No, its a system icon cache problem, most likely.

    How do you fix that? I've noticed this glitch the last 2-3 times
    I've installed Firefox.
    History Fan, Jan 15, 2006
  5. History Fan wrote:
    >> No, its a system icon cache problem, most likely.
    >>

    > How do you fix that? I've noticed this glitch the last 2-3 times
    > I've installed Firefox.

    Try Control Panel>>Folder Options>>File Types

    Scroll down and associate both htm and html files with Firefox.

    If its not this we refresh the icon cache.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 15, 2006
  6. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    > Try Control Panel>>Folder Options>>File Types
    >
    > Scroll down and associate both htm and html files with Firefox.
    >
    > If its not this we refresh the icon cache.

    Both htm and html are associated with Firefox. How do you
    "refresh the icon cache?"
    History Fan, Jan 15, 2006
  7. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    I just installed TweakUI for XP, and tried the "rebuild icons"
    feature. But that didn't change anything.

    History Fan, Jan 15, 2006
  8. Leonidas Jones, Jan 15, 2006