    one. Anybody else experience this?

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Feb 18, 2007

  2. JTJersey

    John Guest

    JTJersey wrote:
    > On my Windows XP system I allowed the change to Internet Explorer 7.0
    > when Microsoft sent the notices out a while back. I'll stay with
    > Firefox, thank you, but for no particular reason I brought up IE7
    > just now and my firewall threw up a red warning that said this:
    > "Suspicious behavior. Internet Explorer is trying to monitor user
    > activities on this computer. If allowed it may try to track or log
    > keystrokes, mouse movements/clicks, web sites visited and other user
    > behaviors." Well, golly, I denied that one. Anybody else experience
    > this?

    One possibility is that you have the virus Trojan.Satiloler.e
    see
    http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2006-022712-3635-99

    Alternatively I have heard that Zone Alarm often picks up the Microsoft
    "security update" kb905474 (Windows Genuine Advantage) and reports it as an
    intrusion. Which indeed it is.

    John

    John, Feb 19, 2007

  3. JTJersey

    bambam Guest

    On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 23:21:47 +0000, JTJersey wrote:

    > On my Windows XP system I allowed the change to Internet Explorer 7.0 when
    > Microsoft sent the notices out a while back. I'll stay with Firefox,
    > thank you, but for no particular reason I brought up IE7 just now and my
    > firewall threw up a red warning that said this: "Suspicious behavior.
    > Internet Explorer is trying to monitor user activities on this computer.
    > If allowed it may try to track or log keystrokes, mouse movements/clicks,
    > web sites visited and other user behaviors." Well, golly, I denied that
    > one. Anybody else experience this?

    I haven't updated my XP system since the WGA\Spyware event. If I ever do I
    will use Autopatcher-

    http://www.autopatcher.com/

    I hate how when you update something from MS, it tries to establish all
    its control again. You have to turn off activex, reset your preferred
    media player, reclose all the loop holes. They almost create more problems
    than they solve IMO. :)
    Sorry, I have no answer for your question, but I understand IE7 can be
    uninstalled through add\remove programs.

    bambam, Feb 19, 2007
  4. JTJersey

    Paul Keister Guest

    On Feb 18, 3:21 pm, "JTJersey" <> wrote:
    > On my Windows XP system I allowed the change toInternetExplorer7.0 when
    > Microsoft sent the notices out a while back. I'll stay with Firefox,
    > thank you, but for no particular reason I brought up IE7 just now and my
    > firewall threw up a red warning that said this: "Suspicious behavior.InternetExploreris trying to monitor user activities on this computer.
    > If allowed it may try to track orlogkeystrokes, mouse movements/clicks,
    > web sites visited and other user behaviors." Well, golly, I denied that
    > one. Anybody else experience this?
    >
    > --
    > Registered Linux User #267152

    I have the same problem, and it appeared to start after the 2/15
    update of IE (KB928090). Naturally, I chose "deny" but would love to
    know what is up with this. I have a machine running IE6 that got the
    same update and also runs Zone Alarm, but that one doesn't show the
    same symptoms.

    Paul Keister, Feb 28, 2007