Something beautiful

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by joevan, Sep 20, 2010.

  1. joevan

    joevan Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. joevan

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:45:30 -0400, joevan wrote:

    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

    I have a sneakin hunch that the show will never give a child the top
    honors. There was some speculation that the girl was actually lip singing.
    But this is what happens when you've had excellent voice lessons. Your
    voice takes on a whole new dimension.

    Consider Jim Nabors and his singing voice. Totally different from his
    natural voice. Or that of Rick "disco duck" Dees.

    had the girl been about 6 or 8 years older, she might have won.
    wonder what her prize was for runner up?

    richard, Sep 20, 2010

  3. joevan

    chuckcar Guest

    richard <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:45:30 -0400, joevan wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

    > I have a sneakin hunch that the show will never give a child the top
    > honors. There was some speculation that the girl was actually lip
    > singing. But this is what happens when you've had excellent voice
    > lessons. Your voice takes on a whole new dimension.
    >
    > Consider Jim Nabors and his singing voice. Totally different from his
    > natural voice. Or that of Rick "disco duck" Dees.

    Big deal. He could imiate donald duck. I knew kids in elementary school
    that could do *that*. Jim Nabours just had professional singing lessons
    before he became famous. Just like Christopher Walken and dancing.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 21, 2010
  4. Zu Arsschlaark!, Sep 21, 2010
  5. joevan

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/20/2010 4:45 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

    Thanks for sharing, the little girl is terrific, and Sarah Brightman I
    fell in love with at the Olympics In Spain.
    I couldn't get her to listen to reason however. <g>

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Sep 21, 2010
  6. joevan

    Mike Yetto Guest

    OldGringo38 <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >On 9/20/2010 4:45 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    >following tidbit of information:
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

    >Thanks for sharing, the little girl is terrific, and Sarah Brightman I
    >fell in love with at the Olympics In Spain.
    >I couldn't get her to listen to reason however. <g>

    But everyone else could.

    Mike "ba-dump-bump" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Sep 21, 2010
  7. joevan

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/21/2010 7:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38<> writes and having writ moves on.
    >> On 9/20/2010 4:45 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

    >> Thanks for sharing, the little girl is terrific, and Sarah Brightman I
    >> fell in love with at the Olympics In Spain.
    >> I couldn't get her to listen to reason however.<g>

    > But everyone else could.
    >
    > Mike "ba-dump-bump" Yetto

    <g> Be Nice. The woman has a beautiful voice and is a knockout as well.

    OldGringo38, Sep 21, 2010
  8. joevan

    Mike Yetto Guest

    OldGringo38 <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >On 9/21/2010 7:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote the
    >following tidbit of information:
    >> OldGringo38<> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>> On 9/20/2010 4:45 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:

    >>> Thanks for sharing, the little girl is terrific, and Sarah Brightman I
    >>> fell in love with at the Olympics In Spain.
    >>> I couldn't get her to listen to reason however.<g>

    >> But everyone else could.
    >>
    >> Mike "ba-dump-bump" Yetto

    ><g> Be Nice. The woman has a beautiful voice and is a knockout as well.

    In case you missed it I was alluding to the fact that she
    listened everyone else's reason and ignored yours.

    Mike "meaning no disrespect to Ms. Brightman" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Sep 21, 2010
  9. joevan

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/21/2010 12:01 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38<> writes and having writ moves on.
    >> On 9/21/2010 7:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> OldGringo38<> writes and having writ moves on.

    >>> But everyone else could.
    >>>
    >>> Mike "ba-dump-bump" Yetto

    >> <g> Be Nice. The woman has a beautiful voice and is a knockout as well.

    > In case you missed it I was alluding to the fact that she
    > listened everyone else's reason and ignored yours.
    >
    > Mike "meaning no disrespect to Ms. Brightman" Yetto

    That's why I said Be Nice. You are looking for discrepancies that are
    not there. My only option is to consider the source.

    OldGringo38, Sep 21, 2010
  10. joevan

    Mike Yetto Guest

    OldGringo38 <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >On 9/21/2010 12:01 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote
    >the following tidbit of information:
    >> OldGringo38<> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>> On 9/21/2010 7:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:

    >>> <g> Be Nice. The woman has a beautiful voice and is a knockout as well.

    >> In case you missed it I was alluding to the fact that she
    >> listened everyone else's reason and ignored yours.
    >>
    >> Mike "meaning no disrespect to Ms. Brightman" Yetto

    >That's why I said Be Nice. You are looking for discrepancies that are
    >not there. My only option is to consider the source.

    One* of us (tinu) seems to have missed it once again, ie. she
    listened to everyone else's reason by ignoring yours.

    Well, that _bon mot_ has been thoroughly drained of its
    cleverness.

    *Me? Really?

    Mike "being a wise-ass shouldn't be this difficult" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Sep 22, 2010
  11. joevan

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/22/2010 7:12 AM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38<> writes and having writ moves on.
    >> On 9/21/2010 12:01 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote
    >> the following tidbit of information:
    >>> OldGringo38<> writes and having writ moves on.

    >>> In case you missed it I was alluding to the fact that she
    >>> listened everyone else's reason and ignored yours.
    >>>
    >>> Mike "meaning no disrespect to Ms. Brightman" Yetto

    >> That's why I said Be Nice. You are looking for discrepancies that are
    >> not there. My only option is to consider the source.

    > One* of us (tinu) seems to have missed it once again, ie. she
    > listened to everyone else's reason by ignoring yours.
    >
    > Well, that _bon mot_ has been thoroughly drained of its
    > cleverness.
    >
    > *Me? Really?
    >
    > Mike "being a wise-ass shouldn't be this difficult" Yetto

    Comprehension is the word of the day Mickie. <g> I know what you are
    saying, but for some reason you are not comprehending what I am saying. :)

    OldGringo38, Sep 22, 2010