    --

    you will see this posted as well to rec.models.scale because my husband
    reads that group and I don't want him to miss any posts
    rgmw, Jan 16, 2004

  2. rgmw

    William Guest

    Change Your Phone Number

    Take out the Trash to Respond !

    William, Jan 16, 2004

  3. rgmw

    olfart Guest

    "rgmw" <> wrote in message
    > Someone help me please!! I have given my personal information in a
    > newsgroup and I am getting at least 2 calls a day from people I don't
    > know. These people are calling all hours of the night when my husband is
    > gone, so please tell me what I can do...please
    >
    > please post but to email remove Spam e
    > --

    Give me your address and I'll come by and anwer the phone for you
    olfart, Jan 16, 2004
  4. rgmw

    Ionizer Guest

    "rgmw" <> wrote in message
    > Someone help me please!! I have given my personal information in a
    > newsgroup and I am getting at least 2 calls a day from people I don't
    > know. These people are calling all hours of the night when my husband is
    > gone, so please tell me what I can do...please

    You cannot "erase" that post and, although I was unable to locate it with a
    cursory search, it will always exist in the Google Groups archive.

    I'd guess that you made your mistake in a fairly recent post, though. This
    post will soon become old enough that it drops off everybody's radar, and
    the phone calls will probably stop as a result. If you want to shorten the
    period of time this takes to happen, I'd strongly recommend that you not
    post about this problem to the same newsgroup where you posted your personal
    info- it will only attract more unwanted attention. Keep a low profile.
    You may just be better off to not post to that group at all for a while.

    If the phone calls are threatening in nature, you should immediately contact
    the authorities. Changing your phone number will eliminate the calls of
    course, but it won't eliminate the fact that the phone number in that post
    can be linked fairly quickly to your home address. I say this not to scare
    you but to encourage you to contact the authorities if people are being
    nasty with you.

    Regards,
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Jan 16, 2004
  5. rgmw

    MIS Guest

    Are you good lookin?

    MIS, Jan 16, 2004
  6. rgmw

    SLP Guest

    "Ionizer" <> wrote in message
    > "rgmw" <> wrote in message
    > > Someone help me please!! I have given my personal information in a
    > > newsgroup and I am getting at least 2 calls a day from people I don't
    > > know. These people are calling all hours of the night when my husband is
    > > gone, so please tell me what I can do...please

    > You cannot "erase" that post and, although I was unable to locate it with

    > cursory search, it will always exist in the Google Groups archive.

    Google Groups does allow you ro remove your posts, but messages from anyone
    who has replied and quoted your post will remain.

    See: http://www.google.co.uk/googlegroups/help.html#9

    SLP
    SLP, Jan 16, 2004
  7. rgmw

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:50:54 -0400, rgmw <>
    scribbled:

    >Someone help me please!! I have given my personal information in a
    >newsgroup and I am getting at least 2 calls a day from people I don't
    >know. These people are calling all hours of the night when my husband is
    >gone, so please tell me what I can do...please

    You can reflect on how absolutely stupid it is to
    give your personal information out on a public
    newsgroup.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Jan 16, 2004
  8. rgmw

    Spencer Guest

    It's her Husband calling, I can guarantee it!

    Spence
    Ps: I'm not her husband
    If I was I wouldn't phone her, she probably gives me enough grief at home,
    so why should I? It dosen't make sence, who can it be?
    One thing for sure it's not me!

    Spencer, Jan 16, 2004
  9. rgmw

    jeroen Guest

    perhaps you can get your phone company to block those numbers ?
    if not, i suggest you unplug your phone at night for a while, if that fails
    i recommend you take a different number and......don't post it on public
    again ?

    jeroen

    jeroen, Jan 17, 2004