    create a shortcut, any1 help me please????....Cheers....FRED
    P.S. I don't even use outlook......i use outlook express, so this is really
    doing my head in..!!! Hope you can help.....FRED

    fredcromer, May 22, 2004

  2. fredcromer wrote:
    > MS outlook , back 2 program files,
    > when i drag the icon via winI have somehow managed to get the 'app'
    > ,(MS OUTLOOK) ,in icon-form on my desktop...How do i get
    > explorer, it wants to create a shortcut, and i don't, also if i get
    > the prog files window,.. via c:,my comp,program files,...and
    > right-drag it also wants 2
    > create a shortcut, any1 help me please????....Cheers....FRED
    > P.S. I don't even use outlook......i use outlook express, so this is
    > really doing my head in..!!! Hope you can help.....FRED

    Post a screeny of your desktop.

    Scott Freeman, May 22, 2004

  3. fredcromer

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "fredcromer" <> wrote in message
    > MS outlook , back 2 program files,
    > when i drag the icon via winI have somehow managed to get the 'app' ,(MS
    > OUTLOOK) ,in icon-form on my desktop...How do i get
    > explorer, it wants to create a shortcut, and i don't, also if i get the

    prog
    > files window,.. via c:,my comp,program files,...and right-drag it also

    wants
    > 2
    > create a shortcut, any1 help me please????....Cheers....FRED
    > P.S. I don't even use outlook......i use outlook express, so this is

    really
    > doing my head in..!!! Hope you can help.....FRED

    Fred, first tell us this: How long have you had two icons on the desktop for
    Outlook? Second, how did you get two there?

    Typically, there is one there when MS Office is installed. That one
    shouldn't go away. The other is probably just a shortcut to the first.
    Delete the one with the shortcut.

    If you are *never* going to use Outlook, right-click on the icon and select
    Delete.

    Toolman Tim, May 23, 2004