    system from my computer to try to change the name. Will I have to reset the
    router back to the factory settings? If I reset it back to the factory
    settings will I have to re-install the router? Help!
    =?Utf-8?B?RUtDb2ZBdm9ubGVh?=, Apr 23, 2006

  2. Re: "but can't find the owners manual"... Generally, the owners manual can be
    viewed or downloaded from the manufacturers website.

    Also I believe most routers can be reset to original configuration. Then you
    should be able to reconfigure it and put in a new password.

    Milt

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlsdA==?=, Apr 23, 2006

  3. Reset your router to the defaults by pressing the reset button. Next,
    change the password to something other than 'admin' so someone can't change
    the SSID again. Then turn on some form of security - WEP is OK, WPA is much
    better.

    MD

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFkRG9n?=, Apr 23, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RUtDb2ZBdm9ubGVh?=

    panamared

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    lost password for mn-500

    I have a microsoft mn-500 wireless router and have no Idea what the user name nor the passwords were. It has been in the junk bin for 3 years and now I need it to extend my range .
    I tried the hardware reset but it does nothing.
    HELP
    !:search:
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
    panamared, Jul 11, 2007